Web Console shows "Event was not found" - XHR 500 responses

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
zemsten

Web Console shows "Event was not found" - XHR 500 responses

Post by zemsten »

I have a clean install running on a Fedora 36 LXC on Proxmox. Everything seemed to be going well and working fine. I have everything configured in accordance with the README and Zoneminder is running happily.

I configured 3 cameras in Record mode. They come up nicely, show me frame rate, and I can see files being written to disk.

When I click on any event, from any camera. I get a "Event was not found." message and nothing else. I've verified that my timezone matches between, the OS via timedatectl, php.ini, the Config table in Mariadb, zoneminder web config, etc. All looks correct.
When I view browser data during this, the initial page load is fine, but I see an XHR request for a "/zm/index.php?command=99&auth=3a6df25da7dd0f9f4f1bbde8e1fd0f10&connkey=139539&view=request&request=stream" endpoint that returns a 500 each time. I thought initially this was Traefik in front of zoneminder breaking something, but looking at the ZM server logs, Nginx is logging the 500 from PHP-FPM as well. I removed Traefik from the equation and I'm seeing the same thing regardless.

The web_php journal spits out:

Code: Select all

[Unknown error type: [8192] Function strftime() is deprecated
#0 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/logger.php(529): ZM\Panic('...')
#1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/logger.php(366): ZM\ErrorHandler(8192, '...', '...', 366)
#2 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/ajax/log.php(66): ZM\Logger->logPrint(-2, '...', '...', '...')
#3 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/ajax/log.php(33): createRequest()
#4 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php(277): require_once('...')] at includes/logger.php line 529
during this occurrence.

I initially assumed this was a config issue, but I've been able to replicate it through a reinstall.

Any ideas?
Magic919

Re: Web Console shows "Event was not found" - XHR 500 responses

Post by Magic919 »

Try the latest release.
-
zemsten

Post by zemsten »

Magic919 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:39 am Try the latest release.
This is a fresh install from the RPMFusion repo as of yesterday. No updates available.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

That’s odd. I’m sure I read all instances of strftime were now gone.
-
zemsten

Post by zemsten »

Magic919 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:27 pm That’s odd. I’m sure I read all instances of strftime were now gone.
You might be on to something, actually. I shouldn't assume repos are up to date. Looks like RPMFusion is on 1.36.19 currently.
zemsten

Post by zemsten »

Well, I got it working after another reinstall. Don't know why anything changed. This did uncover a problem with the update process though. I know the Ubuntu install is heavily pushed here, but is there a CI/CD or automated build process for packaging releases or something? Who do we talk to to make sure other repositories are updated?
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Post on the Slack channel about that.
-
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

RPM fusion is slow to publish. We would have to host our own repo, which we do for master packages. There is a lot of work to do in this regard.
zemsten

Post by zemsten »

iconnor wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:46 pm RPM fusion is slow to publish. We would have to host our own repo, which we do for master packages. There is a lot of work to do in this regard.
Got it. No worries. I'm no devops wizard, but I thought maybe I could contribute with some brainstorming or something. Got the update today though!