Mlapi Setup Guides

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
kaltertod

Mlapi Setup Guides

Post by kaltertod »

Hello,

Again I am looking to expand the use of my newly working zmes install. I am wanting to add detection to a remote zm install about 300 miles away that is setup as follows:

Server A (zm server, zmes install with gpu support) -> <-[VPN}-><- Server B (zmserver)

I basically want Server B to be able to utilize the gpu on Server A for object detection and notifications. (I currently use email to sms for notification).

What specifically would need to be installed on server b to make this run as intended?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
tsp84

Re: Mlapi Setup Guides

Post by tsp84 »

You will need ZMES installed on server b but configure it to send remote detection requests to server a. server a would need mlapi setup and configured, you can also setup server a to use remote detection using mlapi on localhost.

I can't remember exactly how to set it up using the stock mlapi and ZMES as I run my own heavily modified apps. You will need to read the mlapi GitHub instructions to get mlapi set up and doing detections on server A and then configure ZMES on both server A and B to send remote detection requests.
kaltertod

Post by kaltertod »

tsp84 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:17 am You will need ZMES installed on server b but configure it to send remote detection requests to server a. server a would need mlapi setup and configured, you can also setup server a to use remote detection using mlapi on localhost.

I can't remember exactly how to set it up using the stock mlapi and ZMES as I run my own heavily modified apps. You will need to read the mlapi GitHub instructions to get mlapi set up and doing detections on server A and then configure ZMES on both server A and B to send remote detection requests.
Thank you for the reply. I think that I am going to go a different route and add a gpu to the second server. That leads me to a new conundrum. ZMNinja cannot receive notifications from multiple servers at the same Is there a way that I can email the output image from ZMES on each server so that I still receive notifications from both servers at the same time?
tsp84

Post by tsp84 »

There is a pushover custom push notification script that can be used to send push notifications using the pushover app. Pushover is available for Android and iOS. I would use that instead of the zmninja notifications as you can send notifications from as many servers as you want. I think pushover has a 10,000 limit per month maximum.

Pushover does cost $5 for a lifetime subscription I believe though.

https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zmeventno ... ushover.py

To enable it you edit the zmeventnotification.ini use_api_push option to yes and then edit pushapi_pishover.py to contain your user and app tokens.