Red outline indicating movement detected in events.

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
lyallp

Red outline indicating movement detected in events.

Post by lyallp »

Version 1.37.16 Gentoo Linux.
Event image storage seems to record, in my case, every third image showing a red outline of the detected motion.

I seem to recall, in the dark and distant past that viewing events would show those red outlines.

I don't see any evidence of them now.

Is there some configuration item I am missing to enable said red outlines to appear when showing/reviewing events?

I figure it will help me fine tune the motion detection settings of the zones....

An additional note, the red outlines are not shown in the frame examination of an event, except when the frame selected, from the list, is an alarm frame, then it will show the outline, but never again, until another alarm frame is selected from the list.
...Lyall
iconnor

Re: Red outline indicating movement detected in events.

Post by iconnor »

Only alarm frames have that outline.If it isn't an alarm frame, then it doesn't have motion, so what would it outline?

I don't think there was ever an option to view them in the playback, but it can be done. It really just needs a button to turn it on/off.
lyallp

Re: Red outline indicating movement detected in events.

Post by lyallp »

Ok.

Of course, if some of the images had not had the red outline, I would not be asking this question :) I ask because I think the red outline is cool.

Is that because I have analysis only at 10 frames per second but recording at 30 that only every 3rd frame or so has the outline?

I had assumed that once alarms went off, analysis would apply to every frame until the alarm situation was removed, in which case, every frame would result in a red outline.

Button to enable display of said lines would be nice, but not a priority. A bit like displaying zones during event playback.

Out of curiosity are alarm frames explicitly removed from event playback? Given they are in some event images, I don't see them in event review as flickering on and off during playback and the red outlines are not shown when viewing individual alarm frames except when explicitly selected from the event image list.
...Lyall