Install failed

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
Duckwraith

Install failed

Post by Duckwraith »

I am trying to install Zoneminder on a fresh 22.04 Ubuntu install and I am getting the following error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies.
zoneminder : Depends: php-apc but it is not installable or
php-apcu-bc but it is not installable
Depends: libgsoap-2.8.104 but it is not installable or
libgsoap-2.8.91 but it is not installable or
libgsoap-2.8.75 but it is not installable or
libgsoap-2.8.60 but it is not installable or
libgsoap10 but it is not installable
Recommends: zoneminder-doc (>= 1.37.16~20220512123832-jammy) but it is not going to be installed

Any help would be much appreciated
bbunge

Re: Install failed

Post by bbunge »

Yup. I've had the same experience. Go back to Ubuntu 20.04 or better yet Debian Bullseye. The Ubuntu folks are putting too much junk in their server version and there is no mini install that allows you to add just what you want or need. For my needs Debian Bullseye runs better than Ubuntu anyway and I can control the install much better.

Edit: Just noticed that a jammy release has appeared on the 1.36 PPA. Guess I'll have to dust off the test PC with 22.04 and give it a try. Stay tuned...

2nd edit: No luck. I used the install script from the WIKI (https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... der_1.36.x). The database was not created so I did:
mysql -uroot -p < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_create.sql

mysql -uroot -p -e "grant all on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';"

mysqladmin -uroot -p reload

rebooted the PC and Zoneminder still would not start. Enough for tonight. Old guys need rest..
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I started over with a fresh Ubuntu 22.04 with Mariadb and this time I succeeded installing Zoneminder. However, I did not use the install script from the WIKI but ran the individual commands:

add-apt-repository ppa:iconnor/zoneminder-1.36
apt update
apt install zoneminder
systemctl enable zoneminder
service zoneminder start
adduser www-data video
a2enconf zoneminder
a2enmod rewrite
a2enmod headers
a2enmod expires
service apache2 reload

The new version of Ubuntu wants to prompt to restart services after installs. For me it wanted to restart Webmin after installing Zoneminder. I am not sure if this causes issues with my install script or not. This time the Zoneminder install did create the zm database. I suppose it is possible that my first try installed Zoneminder from the Ubuntu repository and not the iconnor PPA. I will try the WIKI install script again and report back.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

new master packages are building that should install on jammy
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I can verify that the install script at: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... der_1.36.x works. The full install procedure should work for 22.04 64 bit install and the Pi install.
As a side note I did disable the cloud init function as I do not need any cloud services.