Console shows Events but listing is empty

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
lightguy48

Console shows Events but listing is empty

Post by lightguy48 »

I have a couple of cameras/sources that are stuck showing events but when you click on the count it says no matching records found. I have zmaudit enabled and thought this would clean these up over time and even did a sql consistency check but nothing seems to reset the counters back to zero.

Is there something else to fix something like this?

Thanks!
lightguy48

Re: Console shows Events but listing is empty

Post by lightguy48 »

Just pinging this issue again, I have a source/camera and from the the Console in the Hour column it is always showing 12 events, yet when you click on the events it shows no events in the event listing. If there is an event then the counter will increase above twelve, i.e. 2 events in the last hour will list 14 events.

I remember iconnor mentioning something about Zoneminder does something to generate the event counter numbers is there some way to reset / fix the counter back to zero?
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

I expect it's done by a trigger. If zmaudit doesn't clean it up you'd have to dig into the DB.
-
lightguy48

Post by lightguy48 »

Ok thanks, unfortunately I have no idea where to even start to go about fixing a record in the database.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Have you already run zmaudit?
-
lightguy48

Post by lightguy48 »

Well huh... I thought ZM Audit was enabled, but I went and checked settings and it was unchecked... running now... :?

I just assumed it was running in the background... will post back if it cleans up the issue.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

There was a time when it ran in the background and that was the recommended way. Some point later on the advice changed. I leave mine unticked and just manually run the command every now and then when I think of it.
-
lightguy48

Post by lightguy48 »

Well it took several hours but it finally cleared it to zero.

Thanks for the tip, I'm trying to remember to run it manually you just do zm_audit.pl from a command line?
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Yes, but I have a feeling it doesn’t contain underscore.
-