Continuous recording stops randomly

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
cptX

Continuous recording stops randomly

Post by cptX »

Hi, I'm new to zoneminder.
I recently purchased 6 IP Cameras 3MP and I want to use zoneminder as a simple NVR, so I configured the system for continuous recording, no analysis/motion, no images, no decoding, no process at all, just passthrough.

I have zoneminder 1.37.13 installed in Linux Mint 20.2 (based on Ubuntu 20.04) in a dual core laptop (Intel® Pentium® Processor T4400 1M Cache, 2.20 GHz, 4GB Ram 800 MHz FSB)

The load is really low (3-5% max) as I have selected the passthrough so zoneminder doesn't have to do much...

The issue is that the first recording almost always starts correctly but usually after the end of the first event it doesn't continue recording in a new event. Sometimes the event stops even before the expected duration (600secs) and with a very small amount of frames. In the best case I have seen only 3 events have been recorded in a raw one after the end of the other but this looks quite random and happens to some of the cameras everytime, but not the same cameras alwasy, like it is a race condition or something. So in general I would say the whole recording process is quite unreliable, unstable and random at the moment.

Any clues?
Magic919

Re: Continuous recording stops randomly

Post by Magic919 »

Do you mean 1.37.13? You’ve posted in the 1.36 section.

If so, get on 1.36.
-
cptX

Post by cptX »

Sorry but I didn't find any other proper area to post for 1.37
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

viewforum.php?f=44

I’ll repeat, you should get on 1.36 (unless you are happy for it to be broken).

1.37 is the development branch.
-
cptX

Post by cptX »

Oh sorry I didn't know that! I just installed it from the recommended ppa in Ubuntu!
I 'll switch to the 1.36, thanks!