Windows WSL, can't access from other PCs on local network

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
osarusan

Windows WSL, can't access from other PCs on local network

Post by osarusan »

Hi,

I'm new to zoneminder. I just set it up using WSL and I have it up and running on the host PC. I can access it from localhost/zm. However, I am not able to access it from other PCs in the network. I've entered the host PC's IP address /zm and the page loads for several seconds before I get an error page that says "This site can’t be reached."

I've tried disabling Windows firewall, and it still did not connect, so I do not believe Windows firewall is the culprit. However I'm no expert on WSL, so it's possible I am overlooking something. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks!
osarusan

Re: Windows WSL, can't access from other PCs on local network

Post by osarusan »

Thank you! Yes, that must be it. I'll take a look at trying to figure that out.
patsy3523

Post by patsy3523 »

I'm not too familiar with WSL myself, but I wonder if there might be something in your network settings that could be causing the problem.Have you tried pinging the IP address of the host PC from one of the other computers on your network? If you're able to successfully ping it, that could be a good sign that the issue lies with the zoneminder configuration itself rather than the network. And if you're looking for a cheap windows keys, you might want to check out some of the online marketplaces that offer them at discounted prices. However, I would recommend caution when buying from such sites, as they can sometimes be a bit sketchy.
Last edited by patsy3523 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bkjaya1952

Post by bkjaya1952 »

You can use TeamViewer or VNC® Server & free VNC cloud to connect to your desktop

https://bkjaya.wordpress.com/2016/12/13 ... eamviewer/

https://bkjaya.wordpress.com/2017/03/13 ... connction/