adding another IOS device / user

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
timf

adding another IOS device / user

Post by timf »

I've had ZM + ES + ML working very nicely to my iphone and apple watch, never had to do anything just keeps working.

A very happy user.

Downside is I forget how to configure it.

Now I'd like to duplicate the functionality for my wife on her iphone / watch.

I set her up with an account on ZM and installed the ZM ninja app on her phone.

Her phone connects ok to ZM and gets alarms displayed but she doesn't get push notifications to her watch. Not even sure they are getting pushed to her phone.

I've set her watch to mimic notifications from her phone.

In the tokens field there only seems to be one long entry - should there be one for each user ?

I suspect this is more of an IOS problem but would appreciate some guidance.

Regards Tim
Magic919

Re: adding another IOS device / user

Post by Magic919 »

Tell ZMNinja to use the Event Server.
-
timf

Post by timf »

Thanks for the prompt reply - however I had already done that as I simply copied the settings on my phone to hers but with a different user name on ZM to lock it down a little.

Do I need to add her account details to the ES as well or does ZM handle all the transactions to the ES such that no extra account is needed ?

Thanks again, Tim
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

If you are using ZM for auto, then that’s it from a ZMES perspective. Make sure you’ve enabled the monitors where you switch on use event server and it should work like your phone.

You can check the logs and see what transpires.
-
timf

Post by timf »

Thanks again Magic

I've checked that the monitors are enabled for motion detect and they are as reported by Ninja on both phones. Pretty sure the push is not working to the second phone and there's nothing showing in the logs unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

It was so easy with the first phone, can only think I've missed a step or config somewhere along the way...
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

In case it was unclear, I'd start with the ZMNinja logs. That is pretty verbose and will give you the client-side view of it. It it'll generally show you where to check next.
-
timf

Post by timf »

thanks again Magic

I've determined that alarms are getting pushed ok to her iPhone and appear as notifications but the the apple watch is not mimicing these notifications so it's a phone / watch config issue and not ZM ES related.

Thing is her settings on iphone /watch are the same as mine but mine works and hers doesn't so I must have missed something along the way.

Regards Tim
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Good to see you’ve narrowed it down. I moved over to Pushover for notifications, so I can’t really offer much more. Sounds like you are one step away, as you suspected. Good luck.
-