qotom mini-pc

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
atlas

qotom mini-pc

Post by atlas »

I decided not to go with a odroid XU4, the reason is cost and shipping plus lack of a decent enclosre.

My home router is a J1900 Qotom brand box and has been rock solid for years now running opnsense, I see that they have other builds mini-pc type and even some in a 1U chasis which I would also like as well. I just need some advice as I am at the point where its time to commit and build out some cameras watching the property.
I don't know how many IP cameras I will end up with, I will guess around 8. I am reading some threads about offloading the movement detection to the camera itself to save on CPU usage. Could some whiz rockstar recommend me a box or have past/current experience with a Qotom boards give me a reply?

Here is a link of their stuff, Ill probably buy on aliexpress.
http://qotom.net/product/list-58.html

I am most intrested in low power consumption, with lets say 8* 1080 cameras, (2 wifi using motion detection and the rest connected to POE switch). I would like to buffer a days worth onto hard drives too if thats possible. I don't want to run maxed out on the cpu either.

Suggestions please.