Multiserver setup

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
bovnet

Multiserver setup

Post by bovnet »

As per this diagram https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... erver.html

Has anyone setup up separate LAN's under debian. I wanted to do cctv, data and files separate but any sample config files on how to achieve the diagram setup would be helpful.

Im using used dell servers gen x1x poweredge with multiple ports and used Ethernet switches one for each LAN keeping it simple without VLAN

Any pointer please ?
mconfortino

Re: Multiserver setup

Post by mconfortino »

Hi. I am running four ZoneMinder sites with more than 60 urban cameras each. Servers are HP Proliant G9, two Xeon processors (48 cores total) and 64 GB. Separate IBM Storwize storage in excess of 30 TB. In the servers, one NIC goes to the video clients LAN, other to the cameras LAN, other directly to the iSCSI storage and the last to the Internet (firewalled). Originally cameras, clients and storage where on the same phisical LAN (same switch), on different IP ranges. That didn't work. There where frequent traffic interruptions of various durations, up to several minutes. After phisically separating LANs, it all works fine. No network shortages, smooth video streaming to the clients and a nice user experience. I am requested to duplicate the number of cameras, so I am planning to go multiserver. I'll keep the NIC distribution, but iSCSI will go, as it is not shareable. The storage server will use NFS, and will attach to the servers via fibre channel. So, one phisical LAN for the cameras, one for the clients and direct connection to the storage.
You need to set the IP configuration for each NIC, make the phisical connections and that's it.