Login URL

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
dragonflyoh

Login URL

Post by dragonflyoh »

I used docker to install ZM 1.36 and everything completed with no errors. Now I am trying to open the web interface and everything I found says to enter the login URL. I am using Linux Mint and Chromium web browser. Everything I tried with IP address of my router and my camera. I tried local host with the port my camera is using and the result is 404 or local host cannot be found. Any help will be appreciated.
Magic919

Re: Login URL

Post by Magic919 »

Try the IP address of the machine it's running on, no fancy ports.
-
dragonflyoh

Post by dragonflyoh »

Thank you. I tried http://my pc ip address/zm/ and get:

The requested URL was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.0.112 Port 80

I checked and Apache is running. I will see if there are some issues there. Will let you know what I find.
dragonflyoh

Post by dragonflyoh »

Started over and now get zoneminder.service: Failed. About ready to try an alternative. I have tried numerous remedies including a fresh install of Zoneminder on a different computer and cannot get it to work. Must be me.
dragonflyoh

Post by dragonflyoh »

I now have version 1.36 installed and

Code: Select all

systemctl status zoneminder
shows no errors.
When I use use my local host name I get, URL not found on this server and Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at jim-system-product-name Port 80.

When I use the ip address of my computer I get , refused to connect. Turning the firewall on and off makes no difference.
Any ideas will be appreciated.

Jim
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

Zoneminder running or not running makes no difference to web interface.

Check the docs and support channels for your Docker installation.
-
dragonflyoh

Post by dragonflyoh »

Thank you. I used the source code to make my install. I tried another browser with the same results. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Jim
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

I try not to get involved with ZM on Docker, too many variables. I’d suggest getting some experience with standard installs and then move to a Docker setup that works.
-
dantux

Post by dantux »

What worked for me was using the IP address of the machine where Docker is running, followed by the port number. For example, if your Docker host's IP is 192.168.1.100 and ZM is running on port 8080, try entering "http://192.168.1.100:8080" in your Chromium browser.