Attempted to reinstall 1.34 after installing 1.36

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Sean298

Attempted to reinstall 1.34 after installing 1.36

Post by Sean298 »

For some reason I wanted to upgrade to 1.36, I had no reason to, it broke things and has an interface I less prefer.

I don't know much about how all of this goes together, I tried my best to get everything deleted and get back to 1.34. I'm having issues with viewing events, they show errors in the log, I visited the link provided but I do not know how to go about fixing things so apache and zoneminder play nicely, I gather that is the problem.

In the beginning I simply installed via this link https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/st ... -04-bionic after removing things, I just ran the apache and zoneminder commands, it worked, but with these errors when attempting to view events.

Thanks much for any assistance, the system has worked very well for us up until I decided to screw with it.

Code: Select all

2022-01-17 17:27:44	web_js		79184	ERR	getCmdResponse stream error: Socket /run/zm/zms-039777s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=event

2022-01-17 17:27:44	web_php		79184	ERR	Socket /run/zm/zms-039777s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php
dougmccrary

Re: Attempted to reinstall 1.34 after installing 1.36

Post by dougmccrary »

You could try sudo apt remove zoneminder
Then sudo apt install zoneminder
That’s usually all it takes, at least it’s worked for me.
Sean298

Post by Sean298 »

I used remove and purge before installing
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

:|
Sean298

Post by Sean298 »

wow, shit, it always is the easiest things, isn't it.

I did not have the video writer turned on for any monitor, I suppose I am rolling, again.