Cloud Storage Providers : POLL

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
iconnor

Cloud Storage Providers : POLL

Post by iconnor »

Hey all,

I have been in talks with a cloud storage provider that is NOT amazon. S3 compatible, their sales pitch is "Cheaper than amazon, and not amazon".

They are talking about sharing profits with us for ZoneMinder users that use their cloud storage.

We already support S3 style cloud storage so this wouldn't be a lot of work, just advertising basically.

I'm just curious how many WOULD use such a service?

Isaac
Andyrh

Re: Cloud Storage Providers : POLL

Post by Andyrh »

Depends on the pricing model. If the ingress fee is super low, the egress fee is reasonable and the data storage cost is reasonable.
My install is just for home, but It would be nice to store a copy of the last 24 - 48 hours off site.
Also being a bit paranoid it would be nice to be able to encrypt as it leave ZM.
Andy
o||||o

Ubuntu 22.04
ZM 1.36.33
E5-1650-v4 Xeon
16 GB RAM
6 cameras -> 54 FPS modect
abrahammclaurin

Post by abrahammclaurin »

In fact, it depends on how often people will use this storage, for what purposes and how much it will cost. The regularity of storage usage is different for everyone, for example, I store 20 percent of my data in the cloud, someone stores 50, and someone even 100 percent, so I advise you to find out your target audience. Everyone's goals are also different, so it's almost impossible to predict here, but it's quite realistic to find out the percentage ratio. And of course the price! To upload files to the cloud, you need to pay, so make the price lower than the competitors and I think it will be in demand among most users.
strudenilist

Post by strudenilist »

It depends on what you need from this service. Different companies have different needs and, therefore, might need different services. I would use such a service, why not? Especially if they have something like a trial period.
But if you are struggling in choosing the right storage provider, then you can always contact esynergy.co.uk to help you make the right choice. There are so many options that it’s hard to get lost. And this company will help you understands your needs better. They are also experts in cloud integration and data engineering. It is better to get help than to struggle all by yourself.
Last edited by strudenilist on Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
zSprawl

Post by zSprawl »

Seems a worthwhile feature and offering, but like many of said, the details will matter.