Does this look ok zones?

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
leopard

Does this look ok zones?

Post by leopard »

Hey, I have try to practice zones and this is best I can do from tutorials, idea is to have motion detection inside, but exluding outside light that triggers if someone is walking outside. only thing is missing is way disable alerts when sun go down and cameras IR leds starts, I tried to add second preclusive zone on wall, but for some reason it numbed motionsensing complete, don't know what I did wrong :/

anyway
kamera_zones.jpg
kamera_zones.jpg (225.27 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
-> Red one is Active with "slow, high sensitivity"

->Blue one is just area where outdoor light is seen trough window. so if outdoor light turns on, it halts alerts for 3/4s (4fps) ?
preclusive + Extend Alarm Frame Count 3.

...And yes, its just test bed, top of the server that records video at my cabin, not final place ^^
dougmccrary

Re: Does this look ok zones?

Post by dougmccrary »

I’m pretty sure zones can’t (or should not) overlap.
Maybe cut the red zone into two zones, and put the preclusive in the space between?
leopard

Re: Does this look ok zones?

Post by leopard »

dougmccrary wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:23 pm I’m pretty sure zones can’t (or should not) overlap.
Maybe cut the red zone into two zones, and put the preclusive in the space between?
mmm, I was thinking about that, but in my mind it turned to: "ofcourse software looks preclusive zones first and delays detection if sensing motion" so I just put one preclusive zone top of the red one like that:
cam.png
cam.png (816.83 KiB) Viewed 7070 times
I'll test bit more