ZM on Gentoo?

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
jrd

ZM on Gentoo?

Post by jrd »

Has anybody gotten modern ZM to install on Gentoo recently?

It seems to have been dropped from the Gentoo portage tree. There's an overlay called "oubliette" which still contains 1.34.24 and 1.36.4, but neither one seem to be working.

If there are current Gentoo/ZM users out there, I'd love to collaborate and pick your brains to get it functional again. TIA...
Magic919

Re: ZM on Gentoo?

Post by Magic919 »

I used to just build it from source. Since dropped Gentoo.
-
jrd

Post by jrd »

Well . . . . gentoo always builds everything from source . . . . :D

But it's possible the ebuild in the oubliette overlay I'm using is doing something funny. I haven't investigated that.

I haven't tried simply downloading the ZM source and doing a vanilla build from it. I guess that's the next thing to try.
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

The ebuild was ok for a while and I used it. Then it lost its way and I would just clone the repo and do it by hand. It should be possible to work from that ebuild you mention if you fancy some work.
-
jrd

Post by jrd »

Yeah.

First thing, try a build from distribution source, no ebuild, and see if that works. If yes, then see where the ebuild diverges.

The failure mode is wierd. The service starts ok, but the UI is completely busted. There appears to be something wrong with the way ZM is setting things up for the apache caching. The main page loads, but all the GETs for /cache/whatever.js etc are just returning 404. I have another machine still running 1.30, I looked at that and couldn't see anything different about the way all that stuff was set up, but it's not working.

Thanks. More debugging.

. . . and if any other Gentoo users see this, any wisdom is appreciated.