New User Creation

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
SchmalzTech

New User Creation

Post by SchmalzTech »

Hello,

I have a new installation of 1.35.21 from the ppa in Ubuntu focal, and I seem to have almost everything working, except I cannot add a new user. I navigate to Options>Users>Add New User just fine, but when I fill it out and hit the save button at the bottom of the form, the save and cancel buttons disappear, then the browser goes back to the users list with no additional entry added to the users list. certbot is installed and apache is set to force https, which seems to be working fine.

I have tried doing this from both Chrome on desktop and an android device as well as Firefox on the localhost, so it does not seem to be a browser or cache issue.
Magic919

Re: New User Creation

Post by Magic919 »

It’s a risk of running the development version.
-
SchmalzTech

Post by SchmalzTech »

I removed 1.35 packages as I had accidentally added the wrong PPA. I left mysql database and the config files intact, then I added removed the master ppa and added the 1.34 ppa and installed the package. The package install detected the existing database and it looked like it downgraded it successfully. Looks like some things were added in 1.35 and it dropped them. After some tweaking with apache, namely

Code: Select all

a2enconf zoneminder
it seems to be up and running and remembered all my cameras.

The difference I observed which may have to do with what caused the problem in the 1.35 build I was using is that the add user button opened up in a new pop-up window in 1.34, and it opens in the same tab in the 1.35 build.

After this downgrade, I was able to add additional users.
SchmalzTech

Post by SchmalzTech »

I'm probably going to have to drop the database and build it all back from scratch, which I kind of expected. Some of the settings aren't quite right and I have errors in the logs indicating I have database schema issues. I will at least be able to grab my camera URLs and settings before I drop it and start over. I suppose next time I need to pay more attention to which ppa I am using! :oops:
Magic919

Post by Magic919 »

At the moment the sweet spot is 1.35.16 whilst there is so much development work going on. Either stay on 1.34 or pause there.

Good to see you have it all under control.
-
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Confirmed, I'll have it fixed today.