Installation MySQL Error

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
Pembrae

Installation MySQL Error

Post by Pembrae »

HI,

Please could someone help and advise on an error I had during the installation process.

I'm new to ZoneMinder and have installed it following the instructions described under the heading "Easy Way:Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic)" (https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/la ... -04-bionic)

I'm actually running Ubuntu 20.04 but I assumed the same instructions applied.

The one error I got during installation was under step 5, Configure the ZoneMinder Database. The command

mysql -uroot -p -e "grant lock tables,alter,drop,select,insert,update,delete,create,index,alter routine,create routine, trigger,execute,references on zm.* to 'zmuser'@localhost identified by 'zmpass';"

returned the error

ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use 'identified by ' zmpass'' at line 1

Is this a problem and if so how do I fix it? ZoneMInder seems to be working and I have successfully added a camera. However I haven't managed to get zmNinja working yet. I don't know if this is related.
Thanks
kitkat

Re: Installation MySQL Error

Post by kitkat »

"This step should not be required on ZoneMinder 1.32.0." (And later, I'd guess.)

MySQL 8 doesn't support 'identified by' as part of a GRANT statement (not sure about earlier versions) and passwords are set when CREATEing or ALTERing a user.
Pembrae

Re: Installation MySQL Error

Post by Pembrae »

Thank you for the reply.

As it appears to be working I also feel the the comment about not applying to 1.32 also meant and subsequent versions. I guess I will see if I run into any problems as I expand my usage of ZoneMinder. So far I've been impressed with its level of functionality and relative ease in getting it working.