zmeventnotification questions

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
LBDG

zmeventnotification questions

Post by LBDG »

Hello

I'm experimenting with zmeventnotification. It's running and detecting. Great functionality.

Questions:
1) Has anyone figured out a way to email the detected object including snapshot? I looked around this forum and googled it but emailing does not seem popular. If anyone has step by step info on how I could email it would be great.

2) I tried Zmninja and it seems to work OK except I seem to have issues viewing alarms. This may be caused by the fact that I use exclusively "mocord" so each alarm is a lengthy 30 minute event. Can zmninja be used with mocord?

Thanks all. Any help would be appreciated.

I use Ubuntu 20.04 - Zoneminder 1.34.22
Magic919

Re: zmeventnotification questions

Post by Magic919 »

You could probably create a ZM filter and generate an email. I use Pushover instead.
-
ranger21

Re: zmeventnotification questions

Post by ranger21 »

LBDG wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:44 pm Hello

I'm experimenting with zmeventnotification. It's running and detecting. Great functionality.

Questions:
1) Has anyone figured out a way to email the detected object including snapshot? I looked around this forum and googled it but emailing does not seem popular. If anyone has step by step info on how I could email it would be great.

2) I tried Zmninja and it seems to work OK except I seem to have issues viewing alarms. This may be caused by the fact that I use exclusively "mocord" so each alarm is a lengthy 30 minute event. Can zmninja be used with mocord?

Thanks all. Any help would be appreciated.

I use Ubuntu 20.04 - Zoneminder 1.34.22
1) You should use custom zm_event_end script. I've use autodelete + it has telegram notification on object detection. Adding email is just a matter of finding right smtp-client and passing parameters with text and snapshot image or even video.