Camera errors and nothing to see

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
LoudRex

Camera errors and nothing to see

Post by LoudRex »

Hello everyone,

I just recently bought 2 EufyCam pro, home surveillance cameras.
Therefor I want to connect them via ZM on my unraid server.
But I get some errors (in red) in my ZM log, and I am unaware how to solve that.
The errors that I get are as following:

Code: Select all

Unable to open input rtsp://admin:blank@192.168.2.28/live1 due to: Server returned 404 Not Found
Unable to open input rtsp://admin:blank@192.168.2.28/live0 due to: Server returned 404 Not Found
Failed to prime capture of initial monitor
Here you can see that the errors are repeatedly logged.

These three errors will repeat every plusminus 8 seconds, so my log is now totally overcrowded with these errors.
The cameras work via the Eufy app on android, but want to save them to my server.
I noticed that the cameras only record when motion is detected and after recording 20 seconds they go "offline".
On which "General > Function", "General > Server" and "Source > Method" do I need to set the cameras??

Thanks for the support, in advance,

LoudRex

Edit: I see now that my ZM version on my Unraid server > Docker is v.1.34.22.
Can a mod move this topic to the right category..?
knight-of-ni

Re: Camera errors and nothing to see

Post by knight-of-ni »

404 not found message means the camera is telling zoneminder the url is wrong
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
LoudRex

Post by LoudRex »

knight-of-ni wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:53 pm 404 not found message means the camera is telling zoneminder the url is wrong
Okay, but I get some feeds when the cameras are recording and detecting motion.
Otherwise the cams are "not recording" aka offline...
burger

Post by burger »

Did you include the port number? RTSP is usually 554.

Also, you can test in vlc or ffmpeg before trying ZM. It's faster.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Finding_Camera_Stream_Paths
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

From what I've read, these are not really suitable for zm.
It's been said they can stream, but not so much, really, because they sleep. And if you do get them to stream continuously, it's gonna kill the battery pretty quick.
I'd not buy them, but you might want to return them, if you can.
LoudRex

Post by LoudRex »

dougmccrary wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:42 am From what I've read, these are not really suitable for zm.
It's been said they can stream, but not so much, really, because they sleep. And if you do get them to stream continuously, it's gonna kill the battery pretty quick.
I'd not buy them, but you might want to return them, if you can.
Thats just why I bought them.
Because they don't fill the HDD at once.

But they are not suitable for ZM then??
Can someone confirm that??
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Because they don't fill the HDD at once.
Ah. I see. That's what Modect is for:

Modect
In Modect mode the capture process (zmc) will connect to the camera and stream data. It will be decoded if necessary and live viewing will be possible. In addition a process (zma) will analyse the video for motion. When motion is detected, events will be created and video will be stored. Motion data will be stored in the database for each event. Events may also be triggered externally (zmtrigger) or by linked monitors.

It will give a preview ( a second or so) *Before* the motion. These cams can't do that, as the motion triggers the camera.
LoudRex

Post by LoudRex »

Okay thank you for the info about Modect.
But how can I solve those red error messages??
Because they are even in Modect-mode appearing...
mikb

Post by mikb »

LoudRex wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:22 pm But they are not suitable for ZM then??
Can someone confirm that??
Whatever mode you set ZM in, the fundamental problem is that these cameras appear to be solving a different problem :(

These cameras: Sit idle, not recording, not streaming, not even apparently on the network (404 ??). When they detect motion (by themselves) with a PIR sensor/other? they wake up and record/stream and go back to sleep. This is great for a remote "wildlife tracking" camera left unattended for days.

Zoneminder: Needs a continuous feed of pictures. ZM is capable of doing the motion detection, and will either store everything, motion, or nothing at all if you configure it that way. ZM sees a camera disconnecting as an *error* which it will try repeatedly to reconnect to, filling the log with errors.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I think the best you can do is take whatever video they output and suck it into ZM just as a viewing platform
mikb

Post by mikb »

iconnor wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:21 pm I think the best you can do is take whatever video they output and suck it into ZM just as a viewing platform
"I noticed that the cameras only record when motion is detected and after recording 20 seconds they go "offline"."

"I get some feeds when the cameras are recording and detecting motion. Otherwise the cams are "not recording" aka offline..."

The problem seems to be that they only output video on the URL when they are powered up and triggered by movement. Otherwise, they powersave, meaning no talking on the network, no video to suck.

It's like people struggling on to try and use laptops with aggressive power-saving settings for audio recording. Just don't do it. Turn that junk off, or get a proper computer. Otherwise, a world of hurt follows as the smart (stupid) computer notices you've not touched the mouse/keyboard in 10 seconds and throttles down the CPU/turns off power to something vital ... leaving you with glitched audio and a computer that's suddenly overrun with work to do.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

LoudRex wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:01 pm Okay thank you for the info about Modect.
But how can I solve those red error messages??
Because they are even in Modect-mode appearing...
You can solve the problem only by getting the cameras to stream continuously.
That doesn't seem possible, so replacing them is the answer.
Sorry.
LoudRex

Post by LoudRex »

Alright Doug, thank you for giving a clear and straight through answer.
Then I cannot use zoneminder at all. No problem. :D
bkjaya1952

Post by bkjaya1952 »

LoudRex wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:59 pm Alright Doug, thank you for giving a clear and straight through answer.
Then I cannot use zoneminder at all. No problem. :D
I think you can configure your camera and get the RTSP stream link using https://mysecurity.eufylife.com/#/login
Then the RTSP stream link can be used with the Zoneminder
SKB

Post by SKB »

Hi,
i also have the cameras (including 1 Pan&Tilt) - ZoneMinder is recording, what it gets, if the Camera lets it.
But also my Log is growing, due to not reachable all the time.
Furthermore the process is restarting very often.

Is there some option, to put the ZoneMinder in some "polling" mode or something?
(That would help stopping restarting the process)

Code: Select all

2021-07-28 17:04:32	zma_m1		100393	ERR	Got empty memory map file size 0, is the zmc process for this monitor running?	zm_monitor.cpp	580
2021-07-28 17:04:32	zmdc		6271	ERR	'zma -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 255	zmdc.pl	
2021-07-28 17:04:30	zmdc		6271	ERR	'zma -m 1' exited abnormally, exit status 255	zmdc.pl	
2021-07-28 17:04:30	zma_m1		101355	ERR	Got empty memory map file size 0, is the zmc process for this monitor running?	zm_monitor.cpp	580

I think, this will solve the error.

It should be nearly the same like the VideoSurveillance Station from Synology, which works perfectly with the cameras.
It also tells, that sometimes the cam is not reachable - but is then waiting instead of killing some processes.

Thank you!