localhost versus IP address

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
mmulhern77

localhost versus IP address

Post by mmulhern77 »

First- thanks to all who have developed this code & help support it. Bravo.

I have had a Centos7 box running with ZM for +/- 2 years. All good. Now, I have a Centos8 box and ZM 1.34.22 . Everything is as it should be when I interface with it localhost/zm. However, if I I stay on the server's console and access as 127.0.0.1/ZM or 192.168.3.1/zm it runs incredibly slowly with warnings about very low frame rates and 100% CPU on at least 2 cores. The zmc process is just about choking the machine and it does not work.

When running as localhost the logs are perfectly clean. When running addressed via a local IP the logs show frame rate warning but nothing more. As an aside, at this point it is impossible to access zm through the WAN.

I suspect I have missed a configuration step. any insight would be appreciated.

stay safe- michael
Bluemax

Re: localhost versus IP address

Post by Bluemax »

Maybe localhost is http only (and the others https)? Did you check another browser? Any antivirus software interfering maybe? Did you check in 'Taskmanager' what exactly causes CPU spikes?
RagenVox

Post by RagenVox »

I have not encountered a problem like that. But I also had some minor glitches with ZM on Centos8. This is generally quite unpleasant, considering that my work was affected by it. I am also on the lookout for good advice.
Mpagvaok

Post by Mpagvaok »

Just wanted to chime in on this thread! First off, kudos to the devs and support team for their hard work on this code. It sounds like you're having some trouble with accessing ZM on your Centos8 box via IP address. When you access it via localhost/zm, everything runs smoothly, but when you try 127.0.0.1/zm or 192.168.3.1/zm, it runs slowly and gives you warnings about low frame rates and high CPU usage. If you want to learn more about troubleshooting networking issues, I recommend checking out learn this here now. They've got some great resources for all things tech-related. Stay safe and happy troubleshooting!