Audio in live stream

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
iconnor

Re: Audio in live stream

Post by iconnor »

For audio in live stream you need to setup janus and run latest master, and have a camera that sends the right kind of h264 stream...

So it's a mess.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Iconner, what would be the cost to get the live stream audio into ZM? I can try to see if I can get it out of a customer. I have only done one of late that is my sister's clinic and she needs to monitor the cameras with live audio due to issues with some medical activities in the clinic. Of course when I migrate the clinic to Zoneminder I will send a donation as I have always done in the past. But if we need additional $$ to get it done I might be able to get her to come up with it. I want to get her off of the other system because of several items but the holdback is the real time audio.

Where is instructions regarding jannus?
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Hi Chuck,

Honestly it's not trivial. The cost to have me work full time on it until it works? $5000 maybe and I would probably still lose out on the deal.

For now though, the thing to do is try out janus. The docs have not been written, this is all new. So why don't we call it $100 for an hour of support for me to help setup Janus and see if it will work with her cams. Then we can talk about a yearly support subscription to make sure it continues to improve and support her needs.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I understand. I am not quite ready yet to move her to Zoneminder, but almost there. The machine that I will be using is a server and I need to add a video processing card to it because the little it has is quite short, even though it is a Dell Xeon based server.

I plan to do the move here in the next 2-3 months and I will get with you on it then. I understand about the cost of things. I do a lot of stuff that seems expensive but once you add the time and all of the other stuff (like people not knowing how to use what they ask for) it can become a black hole for you. I build lasers for glass container inspections, and at times it is good money and at times it is a black hole.

Again thank you for your quick reply and I will holler as soon as I am ready, I will get the $$ headed your way for the hour (not sure I can get her to spring for $5K...) but we can certainly try the Janus option. Just need to see about getting real time video and audio. Zoneminder does an excellent job of doing the data capture.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm