Cannot view events!

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.35.x development only.
allanmacdonald

Cannot view events!

Post by allanmacdonald » Fri May 22, 2020 2:08 am

I cannot view any events. When I try to do so, I see only the snapshot image, not the numbered frames. The Progress indicator shows: "Progress: NaN:NaN:NaNs" and the Replay rate is always "Stop".

In the logs, I see a huge number of entries like the following:
Can't open /var/cache/zoneminder/events/4/2020-05-21/148/-8416-capture.jpg: No such file
or directory

The file name in the database entry appears to be incorrect - a typical name would be "00861-capture.jpg". Why is the database entry incorrect?

I have one camera set to record at 2 frames per second so I end up with around 1200 images per event directory. I can go into the event directory and view each jpg file and I can use Zoneminder to view each frame but I can't get the events to play in the event player.

I tried purging all the files, deleting every record in the events database and restarting the service and I am back with this behaviour. I am dead in the water at this point.

I am running V1.35.4 on a Ubuntu 16.04LTS server. I am running this version because the previous ppa wouldn't update due to an invalid release file:
The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/iconnor/zoneminder/ubuntu xenial
Release' does not have a Release file.
When I edited my sources.list.d file to add deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/iconnor/zonemi ... ter/ubuntu xenial main, I ended up with 1.35.4. If this version of zoneminder is too new, I have no idea how to downgrade to an earlier version.

rockedge

Re: Cannot view events!

Post by rockedge » Fri May 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello!
have you checked the system clock and looked at the setting for TimeZone in Options->Systems in Zoneminder?

also a restart of the mysql server may be needed to sync the time between the servers. I may be way off but it's a start

The time being correct is important for the way the events are named along with the images associated with that alarm event

allanmacdonald

Re: Cannot view events!

Post by allanmacdonald » Sat May 23, 2020 3:49 pm

@rockedge:

Thanks for the tip. I did indeed find out the timezone setting was
Unset - use value in php.ini

However, I have a question about this:
Unset - use value in php.ini
means to me that,
As long as I am satisfied with the default system settings, I don't have to change this field in the zoneminder system settings.
Can you explain to me why this is an issue? Since mysql and zoneminder are running on the same machine, here are all the applicable settings on the server:

Code: Select all

$ timedatectl
      Local time: Sat 2020-05-23 11:10:53 ADT
  Universal time: Sat 2020-05-23 14:10:53 UTC
        RTC time: Sat 2020-05-23 14:10:53
       Time zone: America/Halifax (ADT, -0300)
 Network time on: yes
NTP synchronized: yes
 RTC in local TZ: no

$ grep 'date.timezone =' /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini
date.timezone = America/Halifax
In mysql: