Password reset

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
ScottBouch

Password reset

Post by ScottBouch »

Hi all,

like a nugget I only have an account "admin" and have forgotten the password, no "user" account. I'm on Ubuntu server, and think it's 1.35 I'm using, but not too sure, sorry I sound like a complete idiot, but it's been over a year since I logged in, Now I've fixed a broken camera, I'm stuck with getting it set up.

I followed the guidance of resetting the password for user "admin" in MariaDB, same guidance as MySQL... https://askubuntu.com/questions/110841/ ... ord#259452 this worked successfully according to the returned info on MariaDB.

Changing the admin password of the database though doesn't seem to allow me to log in to the zm web page with those credentials, what have I missed?

Cheers, Scott.
iconnor

Re: Password reset

Post by iconnor »

Best bet is to turn off auth, use UI to change admin password, turn auth back on.

So to turn if off use mysql

mysql -u zmuser -p zm
UPDATE Config set Value=0 where Name='ZM_OPT_USE_AUTH';
scooty

Post by scooty »

Hi, thanks for that, sorry it's taken a while to reply.

Unfortunately I have no zmuser user either! Just one admin account, with a forgotten password.

I get the feeling this is going to be an uninstall / reinstall job?

To remove zoneminder, which command should I use? There's plenty of comment here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/187888/ ... pplication but I fear I may end up removing something that another package also depends upon.

If I'm using one of (or a combination of) the apt-get methods mentioned above, are there any other mariadb files I should delete that won't get removed by apt-get? (I'm on Ubuntu server, if it helps.)

Or is there an easier way - to remove just the Mariadb database files of the user details (manually sudo rm ....), then just re-install zoneminder?

Cheers, Scott

(PS: I also messed up my ZM forum login so had to create a new account!! one of those days / months).
fatman_000

Post by fatman_000 »

iconnor wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:57 pm Best bet is to turn off auth, use UI to change admin password, turn auth back on.

So to turn if off use mysql

mysql -u zmuser -p zm
UPDATE Config set Value=0 where Name='ZM_OPT_USE_AUTH';
Thank you @ ICONNOR

Thank you @ ICONNOR