After Update: Errors and web gui reloading

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
winstontj

After Update: Errors and web gui reloading

Post by winstontj »

Thank you for the help this community provides.

#1: I am running 1.35.3 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS. Is ZM 1.35.x a DEV or a RELEASE version of ZM? I'd like to be on the latest stable RELEASE and ideally, not on a development software. Am I correct in understanding that 1.34.x is the stable release? A few weeks back I did a 'update && upgrade -Y' from terminal. I believe that's what moved me from ZM 1.34.x to 1.35.x.

#2: Recently Isaac asked and suggested: Do you have values in the MaxFPS, AlarmMaxFPS fields? remove them. Increase value of Options->System->WATCH_MAX_DELAY to something around 45 or more. I did that and everything was fine. It eliminated the buffer overrun warnings and the only error I was getting was missing events below the camera live feed from the console:

Code: Select all

SQL-ERR dbFetchAll no result, statement was 'SELECT `Id`, `MonitorId`, `Name`, `Cause`, `Notes`, `StartTime`, date_format( StartTime, '%y/%m/%d %H:%i:%S' ) as StartTimeShort, `EndTime`, `Width`, `Height`, `Length`, `Frames`, `AlarmFrames`, `TotScore`, `AvgScore`, `MaxScore` FROM Events WHERE Events.MonitorId = :selector0 ORDER BY DESC limit 20'params: 3
After that change suggested by Isaac it was great. Videos and camera was much more smooth, no glitches, no warnings, playback was excellent, etc.

Today, I updated Ubuntu (and ZM) from terminal. Now I am getting all kinds of errors. (attached log) Now the web GUI is refreshing (as if someone is pressing F5) every few seconds, constantly. It is not happening at the login screen (where you enter user/pw) however as soon as you log in, the webpage refreshes every few seconds non-stop.

In addition, I'm getting the buffer overrun errors again as well as connection drops, memory errors, etc. I'm not sure if this is an Ubuntu thing or a ZM thing (or both??).

Any suggestions on a way to fix/repair these issues?

If I'm reading the logs correctly:

1. zmfilter.pl is python. Something is missing fields or values.
2. web_js is java, it lets me export as a html file but not text. Something must be broken in the java part of the text log export??
3. zma_m4 & zmc_m4: I have two cameras #3 and #4 in the ID field. zma is the "Approaching buffer overrun" and zmc is "Buffer overrun". I assume "Index 6" is an index of events for the day or possibly for the hour. Image 3146 is probably a reference back to the same as index-6.
4. No clue what zmdc is. I understand "exited abnormally" and zmdc.pl is python. (I'm ok with Python. Not exceptional but OK)
5. Timed out waiting for msg /var/run/zm/zms-068350s.sock: Not really sure. Looks like a numbered file is created every time an event happens, web_js timed out waiting for that file but it was never created, etc.

I know that Ubuntu updated a bunch of things so not sure if this is an Ubuntu or a ZM issue (or both). I could not upload a HTML file to the forum so I converted it over to a text file.
zm-log-errors.txt
(65.93 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Thanks.
dougmccrary

Re: After Update: Errors and web gui reloading

Post by dougmccrary »

Look at the top of this page - announcements. 1.35 is development, and a bit broken at the moment.
winstontj

Post by winstontj »

dougmccrary wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:47 am Look at the top of this page - announcements. 1.35 is development, and a bit broken at the moment.
Why did the Ubuntu ppa auto-update me from 1.34.x to 1.35.x? Is there an easy way to downgrade? I'm running zm on a virtual machine and have snapshots but my storage with the video and event files is not part of snapshots. If I revert back to before it went to 1.35.x I'll blow up the world: ZM will lose events that have already happened and the drive storing the events.... who knows...

Is there a way to manually revert back to 1.34.x without data loss?

Or: I know a little bit of Python and Java. Is there anything I can do to help?
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Based on what you say, it should be still on 1.34.
What's your PPA say? I think the download should just fail even if it said 1.35.
BTW, I also was seeing the refresh thing when I went to 1.35.3~20200511094749-bionic,
A new install (fresh) made it normal. Sorry, I don't know how you could downgrade.
If you have events on a separate drive, you probably could back up the zm data bases, install the release and restore the db. Never actually did that myself, however.