Need help setting up PTZ with ONVIF compatible IP Camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
shahmir_k

Need help setting up PTZ with ONVIF compatible IP Camera

Post by shahmir_k »

Hello everyone I have recently switched from Blue Iris to zoneminder and everything has been very impressive so far. I was wondering if I could get some help setting up PTZ with my camera.

The model is a Besder C-P05 or C-P05(EN)C. The link to where I purchased it can be found here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3298309 ... 4c4d6DlXgd

I have the video stream up and running, but the PTZ controls don't work at all. I've edited both the onvif and netcat onvif control files to have my pan/tilt distances set but there's no change when trying it on the monitor. I've tried various different things for Control Device but nothing seems to work.

The PTZ controls work fine in it's own mobile app YCC365, and also on the android app Onvifer. I tried looking through the settings in onvifer to see how it was controlling the ptz but I couldn't come up with anything other than some Control Device paths that didn't work.

I read how some people have modified the netcat control script and fixed it for their cameras, but my coding knowledge isn't advanced enough to figure it out by myself. If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you
guyverix

Re: Need help setting up PTZ with ONVIF compatible IP Camera

Post by guyverix »

Are you still having trouble with this as well? This was the first hit in a google search..

PTZ is working in iSpy and YCC365, so I know we can get it working in ZM, just gotta figure out how.. If you have any tips, it would be appreciated. I have 2 of the cheapie PTZ YCC365 cams and would love to get them working correctly in ZM.
guyverix

Re: Need help setting up PTZ with ONVIF compatible IP Camera

Post by guyverix »

Actually just got the first one up and running after doing a TCP dump against ispy.
Betting your issue is the same as mine. The "Control Device" setting is what sets the profile to use. For my manufacturer, I popped in Profile_2, and it works even better than iSpy.

The Control Device value IS case sensitive, so make sure it matches what you are expecting.

Control Address is simply <user>:<pass>@<ip>:<port>

If Profile_2 does not work for you, install iSpy, and run a tcpdump if PTZ is functional in there. That will get you the XML, and see what it is using.
something like tcpdump -s 0 dst 192.168.15.227 -w dump.pcap. Then grab the XML messages our of the pcap file.

Follow this howto for extracting the HTTP messages out: https://www.zenetys.com/en/tips-tricks- ... cap-trace/

I was able to parse my XML, and it appears that there are 2 valid profiles that I can use.

If you are able to get ANY SOAP replies for profiles, that will help as this is AFAIK "truth" on the device.
/usr/bin/zmonvif-probe.pl -v profiles http://192.168.15.227:80/onvif/device_service 1.2 <user> <pass>
Copy only the XML to a file, and then parse it out.

cat xml | xml2 | grep -i @token
/GetProfilesResponse/Profiles/@token=Profile_1
/GetProfilesResponse/Profiles/@token=Profile_2