Frozen Video/Missing Frames MODECT

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
foxtrot1014

Frozen Video/Missing Frames MODECT

Post by foxtrot1014 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 pm

Whenever mocord activates, zm seems to quit actually recording. When I view the video of an event, the image freezes for the duration of the motion. When I review the frames, the frame numbers are sequential, but frame 26 to 27 will be images from seconds or more apart.

I had a conversation with a neighbor on my front lawn, and the video froze for the entirety of the conversation, and resumed playback when i stepped out of the motion detection area.

Here's a link to the video: https://imgur.com/AydyGZo

I assume this probably has something to do with the OPT_ADAPTIVE_SKIP option, but toggling this has no effect.
Last edited by foxtrot1014 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvaragao

Re: Frames Skipped or Video Freezing

Post by mvaragao » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.
I would love to know if it is related to the settings or capacity of my hardware (PC).
I tried to use Record mode instead of Mocord but the problem looks the same.

Thanks.

bunilla

Post by bunilla » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:32 am

Same problem here...
I set my 3 cameras to record... and I get NO DATA from time to time, seems random.
Is is a camera issue or a ZM problem ?
VM config:
2 CPU
4G RAM
Camera setting:
1920x1080
5 FPS
1024 bitrate
I have H264 Camera Passthrough on so my guess is that the cameras stop sending from time to time ...

foxtrot1014

Post by foxtrot1014 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Anyone have any suggestions? This problem continues to persist for me, and at times it makes having a camera useless. I suppose I could switch it to just recording all the time (though others seem to have a problem with that), but then running zoneminder is kind of pointless for my purposes.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, at least not in the sense of the hardware is being overtaxed when modect does its thing. This problem didn't exist for me until I did a major upgrade jump to ZM a while ago (can't remember what version to what). My 'server' has a quad core 2.4GHz processor and 8G of RAM all dedicated to one 5MP camera travelling through a gigabit switch with static IPs and a pretty much enterprise network setup.

foxtrot1014

Post by foxtrot1014 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:27 pm

I just noticed something interesting. When recording activates, the entire feed from the camera freezes. I happened to have the secondary RTSP stream open on my desktop when the mail got delivered. The live stream looked just like the recording with a pause when the courier tripped the motion detection.

foxtrot1014

Post by foxtrot1014 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:44 am

I've included my log:
zmlog.txt
(119.56 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
which is free of any errors, even during the bad playback. Perhaps this will help.
I also tried adjusting my analyze frame rate and disabling the efficient skip option.