constant web page reload

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
sadams54

constant web page reload

Post by sadams54 »

Version 1.32.1 seems to constantly reload the web page and the delay it causes is pretty bad. Example, sitting on the console view and click montage. it refreshes and shows me the console again ignoring the montage click. If I want montage I have to click it immediately after refresh. Or stop the loading and click montage. While I understand console view needs to periodically refresh, I do not know why looking at a list of events or montage has to refresh at various intervals. It interferes with what I am trying to do. Refresh should only happen automatically on the console page.
knight-of-ni

Re: constant web page reload

Post by knight-of-ni »

Which is exactly why you should upgrade to 1.32.2
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Which is exactly why you should upgrade to 1.32.2
this does not fix it for me. I have been noting this behavior since 1.31.40 something. I am running the latest greatest.

This refresh thing interrupts the streams in every type of view and there are other issues as well. The ZM console in this state is almost not usable. And I am not installing Ubuntu

zmNinja as the interface in some cases will display the streams smoothly.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

@rockedge
Based on what you told us in a previous thread, I'm not sure you've got the same issue described here.

We tried to help you when you reported this in 1.32.1, and if you want to get to the bottom of it, you have to answer what I said here:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27524&p=107460&hil ... ge#p107469

If you are sure you've got "preserve log" (Non-chrome browsers might call it something else) enabled in your web browser debug console, then you will see a javascript error (if you have this issue), followed by a reload command.

You need to respond to this if you want any further progress made. Notice how a user reported their issue was fixed, which leaves us to believe to the refresh issue was resolved.

The shared memory errors you reported are a different problem, which we have a fix for in our master branch.
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/zoneminder/pull/2307

I know you said you are running the latest greated, but please confirm you have tested this specific pr. It would be nice to get your help with this since this only happens on 32bit os running on 64bit hardware. The shared memory errors will not cause your browser to refresh.

I can't stress enough how important it is to participate fully in the troubleshooting process. Many times I'm just as baffled as you are. Some times it takes a very long time, with a lot of back and forth conversation, to figure out what is really going on. When we don't get that back-and-forth communication then we can only guess the solution and then assume the problem is fixed.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

total miracle!
I installed zoneminder_1.32.2~20181125102833-bionic_i386.deb from the zoneminder-master in the iconner PPA and it seems to have fixed the problems I was describing. The constant refresh of the console monitor stream feed pages has ceased. I have a steady stream with 2 local webcams and 3 different net cams...HOOTOO, FOSCAM R2C and a d-Link 930.....all seem to be running smoothly now.

the version 1.30.4 reports 21% /dev/shm on a 2 core 4 gig RAM machine and on a 4 core 8 RAM machine same cameras running 1.32.2 reports 3% /dev/shm......no motion detection during this test.

also the FPS indicator also appears to be working which it wasn't.

I am using 2 local /dev/video0 /dev/video1
and 3 cameras remote http and FFMEG rtsp all at 320x240 res.

Next test : to check if I can force alarms and create events then export and or video export plus the Stills viewer.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Next test : to check if I can force alarms and create events then export and or video export plus the Stills viewer.
test passed. both work well.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

total miracle??
thanks?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

total miracle!
my first reaction to finding out suddenly after I tried so many combinations of what I might be missing that this version of ZM had all cylinders firing on my setup! I had immediate good results and those pesky memory map problems and the gui refresh cycles and no FPS being shown and several other odd behaviors while running on Puppy Linux Bionic and Xenial completely disappeared.

there it was 5 cameras ( now 6) all streaming very smoothly and showing low cpu loads and a very decent /dev/shm number making events showing stills using the h264 pass-through easily and exporting events as video and completely...like a champ.

I was just so relieved that it made this leap forward for me as I was getting discouraged that I couldn't find what was missing...why zmtrigger.pl wouldn't work and all those other things I mentioned.

Thank you gentlemen for the hard work and troubleshooting!!!! I even have a FOSCAM R2C streaming and the ptz controls working which I couldn't seem to get going before

I can point and click on the stream view and the camera will move to that location
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Awesome. Glad to hear the issues have been resolved!
joe7rocks

Post by joe7rocks »

SOLUTION: if anyone comes across this bug, you need to lower your -arbitary high- "WEB_L_REFRESH_MAIN" value, otherwise it will keep reloading the console, like _constantly_. So the whole web UI becomes useless pretty much. (no clicking anywhere will do sh.t ;) )

Upgrading to any version does NOT fix the issue up till today. Just tried current master version, same.
Was experiencing it for months, until I took the time to investigate. Must be some number conversion/overflow issue, but too lazy to investigate ;)