Y-Cam HD-Pro

Post here to indicate any hardware you have used and which is known to work with ZoneMinder. Not for questions.
jxu109

Re: Y-Cam HD-Pro

Post by jxu109 »

I'm afraid they made some type of update to the cameras at some point that made this more difficult. My experience was not like the original posters'. Then again, I'm not an expert at this either.
garyc

Post by garyc »

Cheers. I guess you can't blame them as it is supposed to be part of a security system but for those with the Y-Cam version it is annoying that they ceased the free cloud stuff (I originally bought 2 of those and sent them back for a refund because of that) and for me it is annoying because the App is pretty flaky, so I too am left with what is a great little camera but no opportunity to make full use of it with a more robust system. Oh well...

Perhaps someone out there who reads this can educate both of us on how to sniff the info out...
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

Yeah, there for a while I was using wget to sign into the website and grab the picture every 15 minutes, but I believe they have (or will be very soon) ending the website all together.
garyc

Post by garyc »

Yes they will. The site says that it will close in August gone but because of Covid nothing has happened yet. One will be left with only the App. When and whether that actually happens remains to be seen
garyc

Post by garyc »

OK, so having re-stumbled across this thread today decided to have another go. I think I have made some progress but am not "there" yet.

So, I tried converting the pw from Base64 to text, inserting the MAC of my camera (8c:ae:89...) and then converting back to base 64 - no luck. So I reverted to using the pw string posted by the OP.

I then fiddled around with various settings in ZM without much luck so decided to try Source Type "Remote", which is what I use for other cameras and Protocol "HTTP", port "80", rather than RTSP and ffmpeg. In the console I now see the camera is "Capturing", rather than "Not running" or "Not Capturing" which is all I have ever seen before. Note, I only see this when using the pw posted by the OP, would seem to suggest it may be the correct pw.

The problem is, I don't see the live feed, only a black screen with "unable to connect to monitor", followed shortly thereafter by a blue screen.

It would seem that I am fundamentally connected to the camera, i.e. the pw works but also that some other setting is not right. I have played with Capture Resolution and colour space but they don't help. I either see the same screens or revert back to "Not Capturing" etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether this is progress or whether the problem still lies with the pw?
jxu109

Post by jxu109 »

Nothing to add but a 👍 for trying.
WillRosen

Post by WillRosen »

Y-Cam cameras are now reaching their end of life, so I took a look at my Y-Cam HomeMonitor HD Pro and figured out how to generate the password. (Should be the same for Y-Cam HD-Pro?)

Long story short, same thing said previously but the MAC Address is reversed:
"LUCKOTVF<Reversed-MAC>YCAMVF" | base64

Made a short video showing this, and figured out how to set the time and date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_41KSubFgQ

^ Also made a python script to automate this whole process
garyc

Post by garyc »

hi Will,

This is great news. I have the Humax Eye, which is the badged Y-Cam Evo and uses/used the Y-Cam App. It has now stopped working which seems to be the issue you describe.

I tried your script (thanks for your work on that) and got "found IP of camera" and "Auth Success", so I assume it also got the correct pw but as it cycles through the possible streams it reports " Unknown response RTSP/1.0 400 Bad Request" on all, and, in connection with the onvif attempt reports:

[ERROR:0@5.710] global cap.cpp:166 cv::VideoCapture::open VIDEOIO(CV_IMAGES): raised OpenCV exception:

OpenCV(4.8.1) D:\a\opencv-python\opencv-python\opencv\modules\videoio\src\cap_images.cpp:253: error: (-5:Bad argument) CAP_IMAGES: can't find starting number (in the name of file): rtsp://admin:<pw>@192.168.XX.XX/live/0/onvif.sdp in function 'cv::icvExtractPattern'

Any ideas?

thanks

Gary