Unable to view video, blank screen

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
nickill2

Unable to view video, blank screen

Post by nickill2 »

Hello!
I just setup Zoneminder and i'm having issues viewing video. If I connect via my windows machine, and click on the Name of the monitor, it pulls up the window to view the feed, however I get a broken file icon below scale, and above the video playback options. When I do the same via my Ubuntu box which is also running the server, it just doesn't show anything at all. If needed, I can attach screenshots.

I'm running 1.30.4 and install via the Ubuntu Easy Way install guide. I setup the Monitor from the Getting started guide, and then followed other guide specific to my camera model (HIKVISION DS-2CD2032-I)

I've attached the log file as well.

Also as a note, I'm fairly new to Linux as well and may have made mistakes i'm not aware of.
Attachments
zm-log.txt
(34.46 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
bbunge

Re: Unable to view video, blank screen

Post by bbunge »

Two common errors:
PATH_ZMS is not set to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms
Camera resolution in Zoneminder does not match camera output. Use VLC (Tools, Media Information, Codec) to check camera Display Resolution.
nickill2

Post by nickill2 »

Thank you! That resolved my issue.
kyferez

Post by kyferez »

Thank you! This should be added to the docs, it fixed my issue too, specifically "Camera resolution in Zoneminder does not match camera output. Use VLC (Tools, Media Information, Codec) to check camera Display Resolution."