Mocord stops recording events arbitrarily

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
Argus

Mocord stops recording events arbitrarily

Post by Argus »

At seemingly random times, after a few hours of work, Zoneminder stops registering events and recording. I've been playing with it for 2 days now and it happened to me two times already.

I'm looking at such a state right now:

- The app is running: I can access the localhost/zm page, I can open and see the live view from the USB webcam.

- The last event was mid-day, around 2pm, i.e. many hours ago. I can see a New Event at that time, but it seems it hasn't recorded anything. Interestingly, the frame count in the event table says exactly 1000 frames. (And 100 seconds of duration, since it's usually ~10 FPS.) But when I click on the New Event name, the playback page shows an empty image frame.

- I'm using only a small percentage of my CPU, disk space and inodes.

- I've checked but found nothing interesting in syslog, apache2 error log, mysql log and at the Log link on the main localhost/zm page.

EDIT:

After restarting ZM with the front panel link, it suddenly turned out that ZM created one humongous event spanning multiple hours from mid-day until late evening.

Also the timeline shows something very intereresting. If I understand correctly the vertical axis is the "score" used for change detection and hence motion detection triggering. It goes into 80'ties after it gets dark in the space that I'm monitoring, around 5pm. In fact, when someone turns the lights on for a moment, the score drops by half.

So I assume, the algorithm doesn't update the reference frame and sees a black picture (light turned off, no sunlight) as very much different from the morning, when the place was lit up with sunlight.

Why?

It's obvious that lighting conditions will change with time, even indoors, since people have windows. I am using the high sensitivity preset in Zone edition page, with a tiny bit of tweaking for even more sensitivity. But that doesn't explain an unchanging reference.
knight-of-ni

Re: Mocord stops recording events arbitrarily

Post by knight-of-ni »

This can happen if your Reference Image Blend % is too low. Trying setting both to at least 12.5%.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/