debian lenny ffmpeg didn´t work

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
bumann

debian lenny ffmpeg didn´t work

Post by bumann »

Hi!
I have done the zm installation from this tutorial:
http://www.rmacd.com/howto/zoneminder-d ... nstall.php
After that I have installed a sa7134 card.
It works very good with jpeg stream, but the mpeg stream to client don´t work. Is there a way i can check ffmpeg is working ? Can anybody help me please or give me a tip!?
Greetings from Germany!
Voltage54

Post by Voltage54 »

You need something like this:

http://tovid.wikia.com/wiki/Installing_ ... sed_distro

ffmpeg comes 'broken' in the repository by default due to privacy laws. You want an ffmpeg compiled with xvid/dvix/mp4 support and the easiest way to do this is by using the debian-multimedia repository (or ubuntu with the ubuntu-restricted package and universe/multiverse repositories)

Good luck!

PS. Don't forget, ffmpeg compiled version will install to /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
bumann

Post by bumann »

thank you! after kompilation ffmpeg is woking very good ! But it is not working with high resolution! any suggesions ?
Voltage54

Post by Voltage54 »

I'm not quite sure what you mean however there should be an ffmpeg.log file in the event ID folder that you are attempting to create video for which may give you a clue as to why it's not working (i.e. events/1/102/ffmpeg.log).

I had an issue where the video generation took longer than the record period (three cameras recording in ten minute chunks @ 640x480x12fps and it took longer than 10 minutes to convert each chunk into xvids). My solution was to convert videos to lossless mpeg4 and use ffmpegs ability to harness the quad core cpu in my server, which dropped the generation time down to a minute per video.

I modified zmvideo.pl using MartinBtys post (Note this also changes the location the files are saved, use only as a guide unless you want this functionality too)
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... highlight=

with one modification on the last line:

Code: Select all

my $command = ZM_PATH_FFMPEG." -y -r $frame_rate -i %0".ZM_EVENT_IMAGE_DIGITS."d-capture.jpg -vcodec mpeg4 -threads 3 -sameq '/media/zoneminder/ZM-Video-Archive/$event->{DateStamp}/$video_file' > ffmpeg.log 2>&1";
EDIT: Also forgot to mention, if the images do not show up at all (i.e. the camera source is red or doesn't stream in the browser), check your shared memory settings!
bumann

Post by bumann »

Tnx for your post. I have got problems with the mpeg(swf) streaming of live pictures from my caure device! With 320x240 rgb24(25fps) or 720x576(25fps)pal greyscale the live stream works fine, but with 720x576 rgb24 it dosen't work. The coulor of the monitor is orange! The picture streaming with jpeg and rgb24 works with all resolutions fine. The error log in /tmp shows no specal error for ffmpeg or shared memory.
Greetings from Germany!