ZM Alarm sound not working in montage ZMLArch 1.24.2.1

Support and queries relating to third party Live CDs and DVD, VM images and other packaged distributions
kp4djt

ZM Alarm sound not working in montage ZMLArch 1.24.2.1

Post by kp4djt »

It works on the individual monitor selections, when a zone is violated, I get the red boarder and the alarm sounds, but when I am running Montage, I do not get the alarm sound. The monitor in question will increase in size and have a red boarder but no alarm, am I missing something here? Under 'options/web" I have ticked the following:
WEB_RESIZE_CONSOLE
WEB_POPUP_ON_ALARM
WEB_SOUND_ON_ALARM
WEB_ALARM_SOUND sound.file

I have tried all sort of files they all sound on the individual monitors but on montage no joy. Everything works great but this one.

While at it sort of a wish item, different sound files for each camera, so a alarmed cam could be ID'd by a unique file for that cam.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
cordel

Post by cordel »

Check and make sure compact montage is not checked. Alarm sounds are handled by by the frame that displays the status as it cant be handled in the same frame as the image.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I did so, I figured that may be a problem, and after checking it out I turned it back off but still no alarm on Montage, I am going to reboot the whole thing as I have not had to do it since I turned it off, but one thing, I do not know if it was ever working because I just put some sound files in the sound directory. Works just fine for a single monitor. I will see what happens when a monitor gets activated now that I have rebooted.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
Nate23

Post by Nate23 »

kp4djt, did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the exact same issue, alarm sounds working on individual monitors but not on the montage.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

No, never did. Not sure what is going on. Sure would like to fix it though.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
wkulecz

Post by wkulecz »

I'm just setting it up and have a useful configuration running and sending Email alerts. So far seems much more immune to false alarms that the GeoVision Windows system it replaced

Do the sounds work if you are not monitoring any cameras, but have them all running in Motion detect mode? This was one of GeoVisions few strengths

I almost never want to look at the cameras while its running, but I'd love audio specific to each camera's motion detection.

If this works I'll try to setup sound, otherwise a non camera specific sound will be more annoying than helpful to me.
Your commitment to Freedom is measured by your tolerance of others doing things you disapprove.