I accidentaly deleted admin user. Cannot login.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
ganomi

I accidentaly deleted admin user. Cannot login.

Post by ganomi »

Hi.

I was playing with users and accidentally deleted last admin account. Now I am not able to login.

How can I create new account? (maybe directly in mysql?)

I guess the system should not let to delete last admin account.

Thanks for help.
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

Hi. You can re-create the admin account by running this query into MySQL. you can use phpmyadmin or the mysql executeable.
The password for the admin below is "changepassword"

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO `Users` (`Id`, `Username`, `Password`, `Language`, `Enabled`, `Stream`, `Events`, `Control`, `Monitors`, `Devices`, `System`, `MaxBandwidth`, `MonitorIds`) VALUES
(1, 'admin', '*3B34B40DAE3DD1E15943B37622F688A6D7F8002D', 'en_gb', 1, 'View', 'Edit', 'Edit', 'Edit', 'Edit', 'Edit', '', '');
ganomi

Post by ganomi »

Thank you!
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

I guess the USER should not delete last admin account.

:lol:
mysterylectricity

Re: I accidentaly deleted admin user. Cannot login.

Post by mysterylectricity »

This worked for me as well. For those of you who are not familiar with using mysql, the following commands are prerequisite:

mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
If you have not set an explicit password for mysql, the system root password worked for me.

Then select the zm database:

use zm;
and then:

INSERT INTO `Users` (`Id`, `Username`, `Password`, `Language`, `Enabled`, `Stream`, `Events`, `Control`, `Monitors`, `Devices`, `System`, `MaxBandwidth`, `MonitorIds`) VALUES
(1, 'admin', '*3B34B40DAE3DD1E15943B37622F688A6D7F8002D', 'en_gb', 1, 'View', 'Edit', 'Edit', 'Edit', 'Edit', 'Edit', '', '');
This will set the default login to admin and the default password to changepassword.

The changes take effect immediately. Change your password and add another privileged user in case you make the same mistake again.