Restricted Monitor Problem

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
twoscomp

Restricted Monitor Problem

Post by twoscomp »

I have accidentally restricted the monitors for my admin account and now I can not seem to undo it. The user "Restricted Monitor" option list does have a way to unhighlight a highlighted monitor. So once a monitor is selected and saved, the account goes into restricted monitor mode forever.

After this happens, admin can no longer add new cameras/monitors. The system "edit" users option also does not seem to help.

I have the following software configuration:

zoneminder 1.24.2
firefox 3.0.17
Unbuntu 9.04
jfkastner

Post by jfkastner »

within ZM try creating a new user with all permissions enabled, see if you get access to the cams

... call it e.g. 'zmsuperadmin' and delete the non-functioning admin user if you got the config right

i never use the username admin anywhere, that's just inviting hacker$
cordel

Post by cordel »

If the usual holding [ctrl] and deselecting don't work, you can update the DB directly:

Code: Select all

mysql zm
UPDATE Users SET MonitorsIds="" WHERE Username=Admin;
exit
twoscomp

Post by twoscomp »

Ok, I will admit that I tried a new user ID before my original post as part of the debug process. And that did give me access to additional cameras/monitors. It just seemed excessive for fixing the problem consider how easy it was to get into the problem.

Since the last reply I also tried the control key method, and it worked. However I still think that the user interface could still be improved in this area.
allanmacdonald

Re:

Post by allanmacdonald »

cordel wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:46 am If the usual holding [ctrl] and deselecting don't work, you can update the DB directly:

Code: Select all

mysql zm
UPDATE Users SET MonitorsIds="" WHERE Username=Admin;
exit
Note: I ran into this issue and used the above mysql instruction to fix the issue but it took me a few times to get it right until I corrected the following things:

1. The column is MonitorIds, not MonitorsIds
2. Admin needs to be in quotes.

MySQL Server version: 8.0.28-0ubuntu0.20.04.3 (Ubuntu)