How to improve exported videos

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
biologisch

How to improve exported videos

Post by biologisch »

Hi!
My problem is that the exported videoqualitiy is very poor. How can I improve the resulution?
ZM Versions = 1.36.33
zmeventnotification Version = "6.1.28"
river100

Post by river100 »

mine works great putting in > -sameq

under options/images/ZM_FFMPEG_INPUT_OPTIONS

hope it helps
biologisch

Post by biologisch »

Works great. Thanks a lot! :D
ZM Versions = 1.36.33
zmeventnotification Version = "6.1.28"
coke

h234 topic hijacking

Post by coke »

Has anyone had any luck outputting H264? I kept hearing that it's the latest, greatest codec, makes much smaller output files, brings you breakfast in bed, etc. But after trying a variety of output options to ffmpeg, the best I could come up with something that had the same quality as the normal quicktime .mov's I'd been producing, but took 15 minutes to create instead of the usual, whatever low number (negligible, or I'd remember it.), and ends up about the same file size.
curtishall

Re: h234 topic hijacking

Post by curtishall »

coke wrote:Has anyone had any luck outputting H264? I kept hearing that it's the latest, greatest codec, makes much smaller output files, brings you breakfast in bed, etc. But after trying a variety of output options to ffmpeg, the best I could come up with something that had the same quality as the normal quicktime .mov's I'd been producing, but took 15 minutes to create instead of the usual, whatever low number (negligible, or I'd remember it.), and ends up about the same file size.
Encoding to H.264 takes tons and tons of CPU time and I doubt it's really worth it, even to do it on the fly with transcoding. The best option would be having a hardware H.264 encoder / decoder - but it would defeat the way Zoneminder works.
--
Curtis Hall
Bluecherry
www.bluecherrydvr.com
store.bluecherry.net