Take automated snapshots on regular intervals

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
pchan

Take automated snapshots on regular intervals

Post by pchan »

*Take automated snapshots on regular intervals
Taking snapshots at 1/min and making that into a mpg allows me to screen the whole day in a "fast forward" mode. I can then quickly screen the a full day and delete events a full day at a time without having to watch them.

* Use ffmpegs libavcodec to encode mpeg movies in realtime
This would be nice to have after a motion has been detected
fernando

Re: Take automated snapshots on regular intervals

Post by fernando »

you can set a camera to record at 0.006 fps i think..
pchan

Post by pchan »

This might work, but as I understand it, I would have to create another monitor event and set it to "record" with the max fps at 0.006. Doing this would require ZM to spawn another zmc process thereby eating up more unnecessary resources. It would be much more efficient for the existing zmc process to just save a snapshot every X time interval instead of requiring another process.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

If you put your monitor into Record or Mocord mode you can set the 'frame skip' parameter to say 240 (for a 4fps) camera which will only actually record every minute (4fps x 60seconds = 240) or so. Unfortunately that's as near as you get at the moment.

Phil,