ZoneMinder Web Client Separate From ZoneMinder Server

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
negx

ZoneMinder Web Client Separate From ZoneMinder Server

Post by negx »

Ive installed ZoneMinder on a host server but would like the ZoneMinder web interface to be running on a separate web server.

How do I install just the web client? Could I just copy over all the /var/www/zm files and edit them so the client talks to ZoneMinder on another server?

If so, what file(s) do I need to edit on the client side to make it talk to ZoneMinder on another server?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

This is not currrently possible in a simple way. The web client needs access to files generated by the server (which you could get around by network mounting disks) but it also directly invokes the control scripts to start, stop and query the programs. This is gradually moving to network based querying but isn't there yet I'm afraid.
Phil
Lee Sharp

Post by Lee Sharp »

From what I can tell, the web site, and the capture scripts need to be on the same machine. The SQL server can be on another machine (there are a few ways to do this) and the images can be stored on network attached disks. Of course, this means almost all of the load is on the web server again.