TP-Link NC450

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
maqic

TP-Link NC450

Post by maqic »

Greetings Everyone,

I am just wondering is anyone able to add TP-link NC450 to their ZoneMinder 1.3.0 setup?

I recently able to install my first Zoneminder 1.3.0 on my Ubuntu 16.10 system and it seems working fine except I am not able to add or view my TP-link NC450 v2.0 firmware 1.1.2 Build 161013 .

Thanks,

Matt G.
maqic

Re: TP-Link NC450

Post by maqic »

Hello Again to Everyone,

I am able to find the way to add TP-Link NC450 v2.0 to my Zoneminder v 1.3.0 setup and willing to share it with all who is in need of some help.

I believe this is the first time this that someone is sharing this IP camera settings so that It will help someone other than me.

GENERAL

Source Type: cURL (HTTP(S) only)

SOURCE

URL: http://<ip_address>:8080/stream/video/mjpeg
Username: admin
Password: !! Your passwords base64 encoded version !!
Capture Width: 1280
Capture Height: 720

You need to change the <ip_address> section with the local IP address of your Camera (ex: 192.168.1.11 or 10.0.0.11)
You can also change your password to base64 format via this website https://www.base64encode.org/ .

if you need any further details please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt G.
cyclonmaster

Post by cyclonmaster »

Thank you for sharing mpeg video stream url for TP-Link NC450.

This type of IP Camera has support for PTZ Control.
Anyone know what is the stream url for the PTZ Control?
I want to stream the camera and control the PTZ through web.

Please advice.
bernd.wechner

Post by bernd.wechner »

Thank you kindly maqic, for confirming you have this camera working with zoneminder. I was pleased to find this and 'm watching this thread to see if anyone has a PTZ solution and will post one should I happen upon one myself.
bernd.wechner

Post by bernd.wechner »

I have, by sniffing the web interface and testing, established that directional control is possible via:

Code: Select all

http://cameraip/setTurnDirection.fcgi?operation=start&dir=X
where X is one of: n,s, e, w, ne, nw, se, sw

if you stick that into your browser it turns the camera.

Not sure if that can be exploited in Zoneminder as I haven't installed it yet. Came here checking to see if the NC450 would work with Zoneminder before bothering to. It seems basic streaming is possible.
etsi

Post by etsi »

Hello,

Motion detection works using NC450 and zoneminder? Because the firmware doesn't support any detection.

Thanks
bernd.wechner

Post by bernd.wechner »

The NC450 does support motion detection in its firmware, but only the saving of JPG snapshots in response. I am wondering if and will in time explore whether, Zoneminder has motion detection and can save video segments rather than snapshots in response to detected motion. That is my goal.
etsi wrote:Motion detection works using NC450 and zoneminder? Because the firmware doesn't support any detection.
I admit though, that I am not sure what you mean by this? Can you clarify?
etsi

Post by etsi »

bernd.wechner wrote:
etsi wrote:Motion detection works using NC450 and zoneminder? Because the firmware doesn't support any detection.
I admit though, that I am not sure what you mean by this? Can you clarify?
I mean if the NC450 works with zoneminder and motion detection. I find the camera very cheap and I wonder if it's worth buy it.
bernd.wechner

Post by bernd.wechner »

Well, I can't say yet. I don't know Zoneminder well enough. It looks a real chore to install and I was here to confirm it was worth my while as I am planning to use the NC450. I have some other streaming cameras and if Zoneminder is good may look at those too but my main interest for now is the NC450.
jaddie

Post by jaddie »

I was just reading through this and wondered if anyone had got anywhere with getting audio in Zoneminder, as I have it setup with ffmpeg at the moment but don't seem to be able to hear anything

rtsp://username:password@camera-address/h264_vga.sdp -- This works with ffmpeg RTP/RTSP which I have set to 32bit colour and 1280x720

But yeah, I was just wondering before I spend hours trying to work around this, if anyone had audio working & also the PTZ for the camera?
zmeggyesi

Post by zmeggyesi »

Hey,

I was wondering if this camera offers tracking functionality (mapped movement in ZM). I'm thinking of going with this for a new in-house security system, and mapped movement/tracking would be a welcome addition.

Cheers,
Zalan Meggyesi
MOS

Post by MOS »

I have 4 camera TP-Link NC450.
I configured as Source Ffmpeg and the source path "rtsp://user:password@cameraIP:554/h264_hd.sdp"
The problem it only works one at a time. They don't catch all four together.
Do you know how I must configure to see all four at the same time?
Thanks.
burger

Post by burger »

MOS wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:16 pm I have 4 camera TP-Link NC450.
I configured as Source Ffmpeg and the source path "rtsp://user:password@cameraIP:554/h264_hd.sdp"
The problem it only works one at a time. They don't catch all four together.
Do you know how I must configure to see all four at the same time?
Thanks.
What hardware is running ZM, arm or x86, ram, anything else running on server, VM, etc?
fastest way to test streams:
ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path ./output.mp4 (if terminal only)
ffplay rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<ipaddress>:554/path (gui)
find paths on ispydb or in zm hcl

If you are new to security software, read:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Dummies_Guide
thor95

Post by thor95 »

Anyone else have problems with this camera randomly crashing?
When I originally bought it and streamed to ZM it ran for a year then started rebooting all on it's own. So often that it would corrupt the LAN routing tables making hosts on the LAN slow or unreachable.
Eventually I just abandoned it for several months. A few weeks ago I managed to get a firmware update in to it and tried again.
It ran well for about three weeks then started rebooting and corrupting the LAN all over again.
Once again, it's disconnected.
Probably can't warranty it, I think it's close to two years old.
mikb

Post by mikb »

thor95 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm So often that it would corrupt the LAN routing tables making hosts on the LAN slow or unreachable.
Camera being flaky aside, there is something else wrong with your network/router.

Does this camera have a fixed IP address? (If not, give it one!) -- as it could be the constant requests for an IP address by DHCP that is causing trouble.

Although your DHCP server (in the router?) could be smarter, and keep giving it the same one :)