Zoneminder&Telegram (event instant messaging to your phone!)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.27.x releases only.
PacoLM

Re: Zoneminder&Telegram (event instant messaging to your phone!)

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

I'm not activating anything from ZM, the Telegram daemon is running in the same computer where ZM is installed. The Telegram daemon is running a LUA script that is looking for some special words to be received, so if one on them is received, the command associated to that word is executed.
I will try to document everything during next week, if I find some free time!

Regards,
Paco

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
woody4165

Post by woody4165 »

Thanks, looks very Interesting...
pperry76

Post by pperry76 »

Hey PacoLM,
can you post instructions on getting this to work? I can get around Zoneminder but have no clue about the telegram client.

Thanks for all your work.
disiami

Post by disiami »

PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Reed2 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 am
PacoLM wrote: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:41 pm Hi,

I was thinking in using my ZM server to be able to send instant messages to my phone with the pictures or videos. I found some information about how to send instant messaging with WhatsApp, but the company has changed the auth process, so I moved to Telegram (http://www.telegram.org).
You need to install expect (apt-get install expect).

Right now, I have Telegram CLI working in my ZM server (easy, just followed some instructions detailed here https://github.com/vysheng/tg), and wrote a simple bash script that allows me to send a message and a picture of the event.
yowhatsapp
This is the script, adapted from many different sources on the web:

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/expect
set user [lindex $argv 0]
set text [lindex $argv 1]
set image [lindex $argv 2]
set video [lindex $argv 3]
# this is the path where telegram CLI is installed and the public key for the server
spawn /usr/src/telegram/tg-master/telegram -k /usr/src/telegram/tg-master/tg.pub
expect "User"
send "msg $user $text\r"
send "send_photo $user $image\r"
send "send_video $user $video\r"
expect "Sent:"
send "safe_quit\r"
expect eof
It seems reasonable to add a new option in the filter settings, to allow users to send also a instant message instead of sending an email, ftp to a server, etc. If I have time, I will try to add the option in the filter window and also add the code in the zmfilter.pl. I have experience programming in C#, Tcl and VB, but I'm not 'fluent' in Python, Perl or PHP, so, if anyone wants to take the credits and add this feature...just go ahead!

Regards,

PacoLM
I hope this script still work's because since I have found about WhatsApp new update I also migrated to Telegram.
Hello,

I do not kwon if still works. After some time fighting with scripts, I decided to create a Telegram Bot, so everything was more interactive.

Regards,
PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
Ryan70

Post by Ryan70 »

Reed2 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 am
PacoLM wrote: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:41 pm Hi,

I was thinking in using my ZM server to be able to send instant messages to my phone with the pictures or videos. I found some information about how to send instant messaging with WhatsApp, but the company has changed the auth process, so I moved to Telegram (http://www.telegram.org).
You need to install expect (apt-get install expect).

Right now, I have Telegram CLI working in my ZM server (easy, just followed some instructions detailed here https://github.com/vysheng/tg), and wrote a simple bash script that allows me to send a message and a picture of the event.
yo whatsapp
This is the script, adapted from many different sources on the web:

Code: Select all

#!/usr/bin/expect
set user [lindex $argv 0]
set text [lindex $argv 1]
set image [lindex $argv 2]
set video [lindex $argv 3]
# this is the path where telegram CLI is installed and the public key for the server
spawn /usr/src/telegram/tg-master/telegram -k /usr/src/telegram/tg-master/tg.pub
expect "User"
send "msg $user $text\r"
send "send_photo $user $image\r"
send "send_video $user $video\r"
expect "Sent:"
send "safe_quit\r"
expect eof
It seems reasonable to add a new option in the filter settings, to allow users to send also a instant message instead of sending an email, ftp to a server, etc. If I have time, I will try to add the option in the filter window and also add the code in the zmfilter.pl. I have experience programming in C#, Tcl and VB, but I'm not 'fluent' in Python, Perl or PHP, so, if anyone wants to take the credits and add this feature...just go ahead!

Regards,

PacoLM
I hope this script still work's because since I have found about WhatsApp new update I also migrated to Telegram.
I have also switched to telegram but the problem is my friends and family use Whatsapp, not one of them is using telegram.
Mac4353

Re: Zoneminder&Telegram (event instant messaging to your pho

Post by Mac4353 »

PacoLM wrote: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:13 pm No one interested?GBWhatsApp
I am also interested like martin. But I want to know if you do have make any progress. Reply me with PM.Kinemaster Diamond
Mac4353

Post by Mac4353 »

ananyaverma wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:15 am
PacoLM wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:06 pm Hi,

I'm not activating anything from ZM, the Telegram daemon is running in the same computer where ZM is installed. The Telegram daemon is running a LUA script that is looking for some special words to be received, so if one on them is received, the command associated to that word is executed.
I will try to document everything during next week, if I find some free time!Kinemaster Diamond

Regards,
GBWhatsApp
It is safe tough
What is safe tough, I didn't get it.