make a filter that runs automatic ??

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Andre-nl

make a filter that runs automatic ??

Post by Andre-nl »

Hi,

anyone got filter examples to use ?. i have one filter
30dagen.JPG
30dagen.JPG (32.84 KiB) Viewed 2509 times
but i i have to run it manual, a can't set it running automatical, maybe someone got better filters ? i like to get some info about that
mikb

Re: make a filter that runs automatic ??

Post by mikb »

The "*" after the filter name, and the [background] hint indicate that it IS running automatically. Or at least should be. So the question is -- why do you believe it isn't running? It looks like you are intending to delete all events older than 30 days (even if they are marked as archived).

The only reason you might not see any results is that -- it's not 30 days yet, or you're looking on day 31, expecting them to be gone, and they've only been marked as "to be deleted" in the database, which will only complete the deletion when zmaudit runs. This may mean a little longer delay before disk space is freed up.
Andre-nl

Re: make a filter that runs automatic ??

Post by Andre-nl »

mikb wrote:The "*" after the filter name, and the [background] hint indicate that it IS running automatically. Or at least should be. So the question is -- why do you believe it isn't running? It looks like you are intending to delete all events older than 30 days (even if they are marked as archived).

The only reason you might not see any results is that -- it's not 30 days yet, or you're looking on day 31, expecting them to be gone, and they've only been marked as "to be deleted" in the database, which will only complete the deletion when zmaudit runs. This may mean a little longer delay before disk space is freed up.
i have made a "test" filter (15 day) to check if the files are deleted, so i dont have to wacht voor 30 days
Tnx for you update