Trying to monitor 2 Geovision servers running on my network.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
tiripon

Trying to monitor 2 Geovision servers running on my network.

Post by tiripon »

Hi,

I have 2 Geovision servers (GV-800 and GV-1120) 16 cameras each.

I am really not sure what is the correct way to set the connection string.
The only way I can view Cameras is using old IE like Version 8 and open the Geovision server web page.
From there you need to download and install plugins which let you "Live view" or browse the "View log"

I have been searching a lot on the internet but all this is so confusing for me.

So far, I just installed ZoneMinder v1.30 on a vmware vm Ubuntu 16.04 x64
And it is fully working.

I found a string from this forum and tried it but it is not connecting. rtsp://user:passwor@gvserver:8554/CH001.sdp?tcp

I have no idea if the server listen at all on port 8554

Also, I really don't know what I am supposed to choose in "Source type" and in "Remote method"

I have administrative rights on both Geovision servers and need to know where I am supposed to look to find out.

Thank you
evolotion

Re: Trying to monitor 2 Geovision servers running on my network.

Post by evolotion »

have a read at this, particularly the last post. I ave no first hand experience but it turned up pretty quick when googling "vlc stream geovision"

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=100687
tiripon

Re: Trying to monitor 2 Geovision servers running on my network.

Post by tiripon »

@evolotion Thanks for this link. It is really helpful. It did not fix my problem but it is because I would need to upgrade GV-1120 to earlier version. And the server is installed on a XP machine. And the earliest version of GV Server is giving me all sort of error and can't run so far. If I had the budget I would would completely remove the system and the analog cameras and replace them with IP cams. Thanks again.