Same image - side-by-side in Live View and Modec Images

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
vandelsand

Same image - side-by-side in Live View and Modec Images

Post by vandelsand »

Hey there, I am having an issue, not sure if it is common. I have looked it up through the usual channels but can't seem to find the answer. I am sure it is an easy fix.

I followed all the Ubuntu set-up stuff. No problem. I set up my Dlink 932L, no problem.

But the images and the live view look like this (I cut the bottom off for security):

http://imgur.com/a/YtpGV

As you can see (or maybe you can't), it is the same image side-by-side!

I only want to see the image once, in the MIDDLE of the viewing area!

I'm sure this is common because I followed all the standard instructions.

ALSO:

Where in the config/settings tabs on localhost can I set how many GB to take in images? (Modec mode)

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
bbunge

Re: Same image - side-by-side in Live View and Modec Images

Post by bbunge »

Which version of Ubuntu and what instructions did you follow? The ones in the WIKI are a bit better than the others.

As for the space events take up use the filters to purge based on disk % full or time or a combination of both.
vandelsand

Post by vandelsand »

I used these instructions because they were the most clear for 16.04 NOT Server

https://bkjaya.wordpress.com/2016/04/23 ... ntu-16-04/

Any idea about the side-by-side live view and image saving?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Those were basically my instructions I did for the WIKI (and I was not credited...again!).

So, I guess you will have to go back to instructions that work on the WIKI and research the differences the differences.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

bbunge wrote:Those were basically my instructions I did for the WIKI (and I was not credited...again!).

So, I guess you will have to go back to instructions that work on the WIKI and research the differences the differences.

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu
Hi,

Bill, first of all: I hope that you do not misunderstood me.

You do a great job doing the easy way procedures, but prior to them many other people did the same and they were not credited at all. This is part of the "job", when you volunteer to do this kind of work, you should not expect any recognition (even you and the rest of people helping to spread the usage of this marvelous application deserves it!). Your first easy guide was basically a compilation of the steps that other users wrote, and I did not not read any credits to them...

Again, your guides they are really helpful, but you are not the only one that knows how to install a Zoneminder release from scratch or perform an upgrade. As you may know the steps to do it do not have much space for differences, so any procedure that appear in the internet will be very similar to another, so do not take for granted that other users are stealing your intellectual property, maybe they just arrived to the same conclusions after some iterations.

Anyway, this does not seem the best example...at the end of the link there's a reference to the Zoneminder wiki with your instructions.

Best regards,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
vandelsand

Post by vandelsand »

To me it sounds like you're saying:

Follow the wiki and...
We have no idea why you're experiencing this problem

Well! This might as well be the Arch Linux community.

So I will try to redo the process with the wiki and see where I get.
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Back on topic...
Doesn't really sound like a normal install fubar.
Double check the camera resolution with something like vlc to confirm the camera is outputting the resolution you expect, and you have it entered correctly in zoneminder height and width fields.
Post pics of all your settings for that monitor if still having problems and any log errors you might be seeing.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)