IFTTT or geofencing options

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
isisyodin

IFTTT or geofencing options

Post by isisyodin »

My external cameras on 24/7 which is awesome. I would like my internals cameras to change states from monitor to motion detection as I leave my house. An IFTTT recipe would be perfect or some sort of geofencing alternative.
I read somewhere someone build an script that was fired up from a mobile device but I can't find the article; manually is OL but not ideal.
PacoLM

Re: IFTTT or geofencing options

Post by PacoLM »

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
davidma

Re: IFTTT or geofencing options

Post by davidma »

That's awesome but still kind of a kludgey hack. Proper IFTTT support would be awesome as would say Wink or Smartthings support. I know these are probably quite pie-in-the-sky right now as development power is always limited but just in case someone needs some ideas. :)

For isisyodin since you know about IFTTT I am assuming you know about options such as Smart things and wink? If not you could use a smartplug with such platforms and then either couple this with motion sensors or geofencing on those apps in order to turn the cameras on or off. Although this sadly would not allow you to just place it in monitor mode. A way to get around that as a (very ugly) hack albeit expensive would be to two have double the cameras-- one set to monitor and then one set to modetect. You would then turn one off and the other on as appropriate.