Unsupported media SDP .. 'application 0 RTP/AVP 107'

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.26.x releases only.
JayD

Unsupported media SDP .. 'application 0 RTP/AVP 107'

Post by JayD »

Hi *,

actually I'm referring to the following post "PLANET ICA-HM316" - from Wed Nov 23 back in 2011. The firmware used on ICA-HM316 is identical to such used on models ICA-HM132 and HM136 (indoor types).
ica_hm132_mjpeg_rtsp.png
ica_hm132_mjpeg_rtsp.png (10.3 KiB) Viewed 27794 times
So, while having the camera configured to stream MJPEG instead of H.264 - ZoneMinder throws the following error:

Code: Select all

zmc_m13[4240]: ERR [Unsupported media type 'application' in SDP media attribute 'application 0 RTP/AVP 107']
From my understanding the expected profile for MJPEG should to be RTP/AVP 26 (JPEG Video) and not RTP/AVP 107.

Is this a misbehavior of the firmware/camera or does support has just to be added to ZoneMinder?

I also didn't manage to find the respective profile - 107 - referenced on the .. Is this some sort of combination between used audio+video profile?

As seen on the screenshot above the audio codec is G.711.

BTW: I can't use H.264/RTSP for motion detection due to known issues with image distortion and artifacts when running ffmpeg/avconv in low-light scenarios.

I've documented the H.264/RTSP setup I've got running in the wiki.
JayD

Re: Unsupported media SDP .. 'application 0 RTP/AVP 107'

Post by JayD »

Anyone? I can't believe that no one seems to have an idea?! :)
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

That portion of zoneminder is not something that I am familiar with so I don't have an answer to your exact question.

However, I do have good news. The next version of zoneminder will support a new method called "libvlc". As the name implies, if you install the libvlc libraries onto your system, zoneminder should support any camera that currently works with vlc. Your camera would be an excellent candidate to test this new method.

You can either wait until the next version of zoneminder is released, or build zoneminder off the current master branch on github right now.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
JayD

Post by JayD »

I've patched the source in order to support the content type described (see http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... ype#p77658). I'm running 1.26.4 and noticed initial libvlc support but haven't tried it yet. But to me it seems like native MJPEG support works best in the first place. Thanks for the suggestion!
JayD

Post by JayD »

FYI: Using libvlc support with the latest ZM version being 1.29.0 everything runs smooth :)