Samsung Smartcam SNH-P6410BN

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
baradanikto

Samsung Smartcam SNH-P6410BN

Post by baradanikto »

I know that this camera is not listed as a generally supported camera, but, I wanted to inquire if anyone has successfully configured it with ZoneMinder. I've had the camera for a while and it works well using the Samsung provided phone app. I also had it writing to a Synology NAS using their Surveillance Station software. Recently, Samsung upgraded their firmware and removed the ability to "see" this camera from the NAS. So, I looked for an alternative solution and found ZoneMinder. Since I run multiple OS, I thought I would give it a try on Ubuntu. I've tried multiple camera configurations, all of which seem to work. But, when I go to the web console to view the camera feed, I see nothing.

Is this a lost cause? Should I look elsewhere for a solution?
asker

Re: Samsung Smartcam SNH-P6410BN

Post by asker »

Do these instructions still work?
https://www.sighthound.com/forums/topic11831

You can try it with VLC player first
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

You did not say what Ubuntu install instructions you used. There is one final step that, if missed, will stop ZM from showing you the camera video...

Under Options/Paths set PATH_ZMS to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms

Of course, it could be the camera configuration...
baradanikto

Post by baradanikto »

Asker: Those settings did not work for me.

BBunge: I already had a path set but I updated it to use what you suggested. No luck. Still no stream.

Additionally, I took a look in the log and I consistently get "Unable to connect RTSP socket"
baradanikto

Post by baradanikto »

I finally had time to get back to this. I'm still struggling with finding the right combination of settings. In fact, I've found at least one other user with the same problem as evidenced by viewtopic.php?t=22328. Basically, I'm seeing the same thing. That is, nothing appears when I click on the camera entry.

Here's hoping someone can point me in the right direction, or, tell me what to look for in the log file. I'm still not convinced that this camera is compatible.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Check your PATH_ZMS entry to see of there is a space at the end of the string.
Bb
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi baradanikto,

Are you using Ffmpeg or Libvlc as Source type for thus camera? If you selected Libvlc, try to switch to Ffmpeg and give it a try. Use Remote Method RTP/RTSP and be sure that the resolution selected on Zoneminder exactly matches the resolution set on the capture stream.

To check that ffmpeg is installed and get its path, run the command "which ffmpeg" is will return something like "/usr/bin/ffmpeg". You could also try avconv (which avconv -> /usr/bin/avconv). Check that Options::Images::OPT_FFMPEG is enabled, also Options::Images::OPT_FFMPEG::PATH_FFMPEG must be set to the location of your ffmpeg binary ( for instance, /usr/bin/ffmpeg). Set Options::Images::FFMPEG_OUTPUT_OPTIONS to "-r 23.976 -qscale 1" (no quotes!). Restart zoneminder after the changes. Check the logs.

Hope it helps, post results!

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
baradanikto

Post by baradanikto »

Bd...The path does not contain a space.

PacoLM....I took your advice and tried ffmpeg. While I could not find "ffmpeg", I was able to find "avconv". I set the flags you recommended accordingly. I now get a completely blue screen for the monitor and the string "Unable to open input 192.168.0.xx:xxx/profile5/media.smp.

While I understand it can be difficult setting up these cameras, I'm about ready to start looking elsewhere for a solution.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

baradanikto wrote: PacoLM....I took your advice and tried ffmpeg. While I could not find "ffmpeg", I was able to find "avconv". I set the flags you recommended accordingly. I now get a completely blue screen for the monitor and the string "Unable to open input 192.168.0.xx:xxx/profile5/media.smp.

While I understand it can be difficult setting up these cameras, I'm about ready to start looking elsewhere for a solution.
Let me ask you a stupid question...Are you including your user and password in the path to the camera?

Should be something like rtsp://USER:PWD@192.168.0.xx:xxx/profile5/media.smp

Post results,

Paco

baradanikto

Post by baradanikto »

Paco...thanks for the heads up. I was including the user and password. However, I had left off "rtsp://". Once I added that, I was able to connect to the camera! Thanks for taking the time to help. It's much appreciated.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

baradanikto wrote:Paco...thanks for the heads up. I was including the user and password. However, I had left off "rtsp://". Once I added that, I was able to connect to the camera! Thanks for taking the time to help. It's much appreciated.
Good to hear that you solved your problem!