Edit main page layout

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
iitywygms

Re: Edit main page layout

Post by iitywygms »

I added /live to the end of the source path. Now the username and password are not showing. Only live.
Everything still works. So this kind of solves the issue.

Another thing I ran across. If I add just / to the end of the source path, nothing displays in the source column on the main page. Nothing to even click on.
I had to delete the camera and re add it to get source to show on the main page.

I would love to lsee the "remote" option working. Maybe save some cpu load?
If it does save cpu, then I will start another thread to see if anyone can figure out what I have wrong.
asker

Post by asker »

So there must have been some fixes after 1.28.1 then - looks like 1.28.1 needs a path suffix like you and bbunge reported
On 1.28.106 which I am on, whether you put a suffix or not, / or not, it always shows only the IP/hostname which is probably a more robust fix.

In the mean time, glad your issue is solved.

The fact that you add a "/" and nothing after bringing up a null string is probably due to this too - t
iitywygms wrote:I added /live to the end of the source path. Now the username and password are not showing. Only live.
Everything still works. So this kind of solves the issue.

Another thing I ran across. If I add just / to the end of the source path, nothing displays in the source column on the main page. Nothing to even click on.
I had to delete the camera and re add it to get source to show on the main page.

I would love to lsee the "remote" option working. Maybe save some cpu load?
If it does save cpu, then I will start another thread to see if anyone can figure out what I have wrong.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

So to close this issue,
I checked with knnnigget, he pointed out to me the following:

1.28.1 and prior releases parsed the URL to show only what is after "/" (suffix) if found which is why adding "/live" shows live and adding on "/" shows null (it found / and displayed empty after that)

This was fixed in later released and it now only shows the host/IP - but that change has not made it yet to a stable release as 1.28.1 is the latest stable release. Those on dev snapshots (like my version) has this fix
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
ExMM

Post by ExMM »

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem, I want to hide username and password in the panel.

The above solution is not working for me on ZM 1.28.1.

Any help to do it ?
ExMM

Post by ExMM »

Never mind sorry.

I added /live at the end of the path, now scourse doesn't show the user and password anymore.