zmNinja for desktops

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
asker

Re: zmNinja for desktops

Post by asker »

Oh no, sorry, I should have clarified: the update notification is only for the desktop version.
As far as iOS goes - please go ahead and install right away.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Snapshot is working. That's one feature I've always wanted for zoneminder.
DVB Hardware

Post by DVB Hardware »

This app is sooooo cool !!!

Nice Job

Jimmy
Linux Mint 21 Cinnamon Mariadb 10.6.x using Master 1.37.x latest always

DVB stands for Digital VIdeo Broadcasting , retired satellite downlink supplier
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Checked my install that I have on my Fedora 23 system at work, I see the notification of v0.87.2D in the options menu.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I would like to test the iOS version.
I have successfully got to run, very smoothly, the 32bit and 64bit Windows 7 and Windows 10 Desktop versions. Also have the 32bit Linux Desktop version on Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.3. running strong. ZoneMInder is 1.28.109. I have iPad and iPod 5 Gen to test. Also have a Samsung phone running CyangenMod android flavor OS . I sent an email as described in the instructions.

Thank you
abi

Post by abi »

Anyone experiencing effect: for example, I writing frames with 5 fps on disk. If I try to playback sequence it plays 1 frame per 1 second (option on Dev page, 1 second minimal). So, my playback runs 5 times slower. It's very hard to analyze more or less long sequence. I think, this option should be ignored for playback (or work as delay with conjuction of number of frames per event).
So, 1 second means normal playback (actual frame rate can be counted by division Length/Frames in zm.Events table), 2 seconds mean 2 time slower playback and so on...
Not on Github, maybe this matter needs to be discussed first. Not sure how expensive is for zmNinja to fetch jpegs, but web interface looks OK.
In any case, jpeg backend is a complete disaster.
asker

Post by asker »

That is not how event playback works. The 1 second minimal is only for live view.

For events view, the calculation is as follows:
I take the value of event.Event.Frames & event.Event.Length and figure out the interval between frames, so if you recorded frames at the higher FPS, that time should be lesser. 1 second does not apply here.

zmNinja and ZM play events differently. ZM uses zms to stream the images. zmNinja accesses images directly. I've commented the zms code because my main goal is a mobile app not a desktop app and the zms approach doesn't work well in mobiles.

Take a look at line 146 of events.html in the code and line 579 in EventCtrl.js (function calcMsTimer) --> that is how I calculate the timer value

abi wrote:Anyone experiencing effect: for example, I writing frames with 5 fps on disk. If I try to playback sequence it plays 1 frame per 1 second (option on Dev page, 1 second minimal). So, my playback runs 5 times slower. It's very hard to analyze more or less long sequence. I think, this option should be ignored for playback (or work as delay with conjuction of number of frames per event).
So, 1 second means normal playback (actual frame rate can be counted by division Length/Frames in zm.Events table), 2 seconds mean 2 time slower playback and so on...
Not on Github, maybe this matter needs to be discussed first. Not sure how expensive is for zmNinja to fetch jpegs, but web interface looks OK.
In any case, jpeg backend is a complete disaster.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
iitywygms

Post by iitywygms »

zoneminder 1.28.109-tru amd64
apache2 2.4.7-1ubunt amd64
ubuntu 14.04.3

Zmninja desktop is up and running. I can view events but I get the red question mark when viewing live images.

I have read through this thread and tried what is below but still no luck.

Addendums to this, now that I am releasing a new snapshot for ubuntu 1404.
apache2 config may contain old stuff. Look for /etc/apache2/conf-enable/zm.conf. You will want to remove it and do 
a2enconf enable zoneminder
Also, in the options popup -> Paths, change PATH_ZMS to /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms

I have not found anything else in this thread that I should try.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks for your work. This looks very promising.
asker

Post by asker »

iitywygms wrote:zoneminder 1.28.109-tru amd64
apache2 2.4.7-1ubunt amd64
ubuntu 14.04.3

Zmninja desktop is up and running. I can view events but I get the red question mark when viewing live images.

Your cgi-bin path is incorrect in zmNinja. Enable debug logs, go to logs, look for PATH_ZMS ==> that is what your cgi-path needs to end with

ES docs
zmNinja docs
iitywygms

Post by iitywygms »

Perfect. That was the issue.
Is it not correct that you just use the same cgi path that you have set in the zoneminder configuration?

Thank you so much.
AndyNY

Post by AndyNY »

I have it working on Android and Windows 10. Very nice app, good job. Well worth the cost for Android.
asker

Post by asker »

AndyNY wrote:I have it working on Android and Windows 10. Very nice app, good job. Well worth the cost for Android.
Thanks Andy :)

ES docs
zmNinja docs
zmtap

Post by zmtap »

Well I got ZoneMinder (v1.30.0 on Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS) up and running yesterday and last night I tried a free Android app and it it didn't perform very well so I broke down and bought zmNinja this morning and it has worked flawlessly for the few minutes that I have used it. I'll need to play with it for some time to come to understand all of its features. It sure seems sweet.

Anyway, while reading up on zmNinja I found out there was a desktop app so I installed it on my Linux system running MATE(Ubuntu 14.04). It's obviously sweet as well. When I created a Custom Application Launcher I couldn't find an icon to use within the packaged files. Could you please also include an icon image along with the installation files? I did a Google search and just grabbed an icon that looked like the icon used for the Android app but it would be more convenient if the icon was included.

Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks, Tom
asker

Post by asker »

Thanks Tom.
Do you know where I need to place the icon? Its a ZIP file.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
zmtap

Post by zmtap »

I just grabbed the png image from the Google Play page and placed it in the same directory as the zmNinja executable with the name zmNinja-icon.png (although the specific name is not important).

When I created the Custom Application Launcher I just selected the executable and icon.

Now if some installation script would automatically create the short cut that would be really sweet but that's probably asking for too much.

I was hoping to get the notification capability up and going so maybe my phone would meow to me when the cat was at the front door but the installation had so many steps and I must have done something wrong. Oh well, I'll save that one for another day.

Thanks, Tom