zmNinja for desktops

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
rockedge

Re: zmNinja for desktops

Post by rockedge »

asker wrote:Actually, please hold on. I think I am using a 64bit packager. Let me send you a 32 bit packager and let me know if it works
Excellent. I did join the discussion as suggested. I will wait and test the updated version of zmNinja and see if it is indeed a 32-64bit difference problem. I am looking forward to good results!
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

For SciLinux there isn't a php5-gd package, just a php-gd, currently it's at version 5.4.16-36. I did see some
errors:

Code: Select all

[Sat Nov 14 10:23:37.476526 2015] [:error] [pid 363] [client 192.168.x.x:38830] PHP Warning:  imagecreatefromjpeg(events/15/15/11/14/09/59/03/00073-capture.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/views/image.php on line 102
[Sat Nov 14 10:23:37.476561 2015] [:error] [pid 363] [client 192.168.x.x:38830] PHP Warning:  imagesx() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/views/image.php on line 103
[Sat Nov 14 10:23:37.476571 2015] [:error] [pid 363] [client 192.168.x.x:38830] PHP Warning:  imagesy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/views/image.php on line 104
[Sat Nov 14 10:23:37.476582 2015] [:error] [pid 363] [client 192.168.x.x:38830] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function imagejpg() in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/views/image.php on line 120

asker

Post by asker »

How do you install on SciLinux? Is there a package or do you compile from source?

Also this error is odd

[Sat Nov 14 10:23:37.476526 2015] [:error] [pid 363] [client 192.168.x.x:38830] PHP Warning:  imagecreatefromjpeg(events/15/15/11/14/09/59/03/00073-capture.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/views/image.php on line 102
Does this file exist --> events/15/15/11/14/09/59/03/00073-capture.jpg? I wonder whether you did something to your paths while upgrading?
Last edited by asker on Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

asker wrote:Yup that is why this is happening. How do you install on SciLinux? Is there a package or do you compile from source?
I installed from the repos, http://zmrepo.connortechnology.com/el/t ... .1/x86_64/
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

That error doesn't make sense to me as well. My file storage for ZM doesn't use that structure at all.

The first "15" is the monitor ID, I got that. Everything else is way off. I see event ID's under the subdirectories for each monitor.

[root@hostname 15]# pwd
/export/zoneminder/events/15
[root@hostname 15]# ls -l
total 96
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 8192 Nov 13 10:47 23515
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 8192 Nov 13 11:07 23517
drwxr-xr-x 2 apache apache 8192 Nov 13 11:08 23519
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Looks like some part of this is expecting ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE to on and I've set it to off.
asker

Post by asker »

what's inside these directories? Are they not organized by mm/dd/yy/hh/mm/ss subfolders inside?
If they are not, then your system does not have deep storage enabled.

Let me ping knnniggett again if he knows what is going on since this is a zmrepo issue (thought I thought the URL was zmrepo.zoneminder.com - not connortechnology)
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

BiloxiGeek wrote:Looks like some part of this is expecting ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE to on and I've set it to off.
Ah yes, zmNinja won't work without deep storage. I was told its use is mandated starting new versions.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

asker wrote:
BiloxiGeek wrote:Looks like some part of this is expecting ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE to on and I've set it to off.
Ah yes, zmNinja won't work without deep storage. I was told its use is mandated starting new versions.
Ok, if that's the case it kind of blows. My system is not using deep storage at the moment on 1.28.107 so updating via the repo did not turn it on. If I can find where the setting is I can switch to deep storage and at least test. I don't usually keep events stored for very long so changing back and forth isn't a big issue for me.

Near as I can tell the Options page doesn't have that setting available. And I pulled up configs.json and it's flagged as a hidden option.

"Config": {
                "Id": "13",
                "Name": "ZM_USE_DEEP_STORAGE",
                "Value": "0",
                "Type": "boolean",
                "DefaultValue": "yes",
                "Hint": "yes|no",
                "Pattern": "(?^i:^([yn]))",
                "Format": " ($1 =~ \/^y\/)\n                          ? \"yes\"\n                          : \"no\"\n                       ",
                "Prompt": "Use a deep filesystem hierarchy for events",
                "Help": " This option is now the default for new ZoneMinder systems and should not be changed. Previous versions of ZoneMinder stored all events for a monitor under one folder. Enabling USE_DEEP_STORAGE causes ZoneMinder to store events under a folder structure that follows year\/month\/day\/hour\/min\/second. Storing events this way avoids the limitation of storing more than 32k files in a single folder inherent in some filesystems. It is important to note that you cannot simply change this option. You must stop zoneminder, enable USE_DEEP_STORAGE, and then run \"sudo zmupdate.pl --migrate-events\". FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF YOUR DATA! Consult the ZoneMinder WiKi for further details. ",
                "Category": "hidden",
                "Readonly": "0",
                "Requires": null
            }
asker

Post by asker »

So thats an interesting situation. You upgraded from an old repo with DEEP_STORAGE off to new one that hides that option.
I'm not quire sure how ZM folks want you to enable DEEP_STORAGE if the option is hidden. One _could_ directly modify the value in Configs table and then run the zmupdate migrate script --> but I don't quite know what will happen and whether that will destroy your events.

I'm hoping knnnigget drops by.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Rockedge I've uploaded the 32bit package too - https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinj ... -platforms

rockedge wrote:
asker wrote:Actually, please hold on. I think I am using a 64bit packager. Let me send you a 32 bit packager and let me know if it works
Excellent. I did join the discussion as suggested. I will wait and test the updated version of zmNinja and see if it is indeed a 32-64bit difference problem. I am looking forward to good results!

ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

[quote="asker"]Rockedge I've uploaded the 32bit package too - https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinj ... -platforms

I am downloading and in a moment or 2 I am going to test. Question...is it the same reason the Linux version did not run under Puppy Linux?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Beautiful thing. I am glad to report zmNinja is up and running on a Windows 10 setup. Started immediately so I will setup and put the app through the paces. Thank you so much for looking into it!
I will run the majority of the tests using Windows 7. Also I tried it out with a 1.28.1 running the API. zmNinja reports wrong version then connects and it works!! this ZM set up uses no Authority or login. The stream is choppy but right now it is working on the API from 1.28.1

Going for Windows 7 and the 1.28.108 set up next. So far very impressive!
Last edited by rockedge on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asker

Post by asker »

Excellent, rockedge. Please ignore the "server group" option in the "ZM settings" screen - that is work in progress and it got uploaded by mistake

Yes, its likely it was a 32bit issue for Linux as well. A cursory search seems to indicate the electron folks only provide a 64bit official build, so for now I've updated the README to reflect linux is only for 64bit systems

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Rockedge, can you please give this a try for linux? If this works, it was a 32bit problem. I doubt however, it will work with Puppy linux, but please give it a try

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3iQz0 ... sp=sharing

ES docs
zmNinja docs