zmNinja for desktops

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
asker

zmNinja for desktops

Post by asker »

Hey folks,
zmNinja (the cool mobile app for ZoneMinder) developed by my evil alter-ago (Dr. Pliable Pixels) has now broken free of mobile devices.
It is now available on Desktops as well - windows (win 7 or above), linux as well as mac!
For linux, it only supports regular desktop distributions which have a UI - CentOS/Fedora/Ubuntu/similar

If you have APIs installed (ZM 1.28.108+) do give it a spin. Let me know how you like it.
Grab it HERE

It also works with my Event Server for real time notifications.

Latest Version: 0.87.3D

NOTE: - Always read CHANGELOG.md. If it contains a section called "Important Notes" - you need to make sure read that as they may talk about specific patches to ZM or changed behavior to the app. Not reading them may result in zmNinja not working properly.

NOTE: If everything works except for quick scrub and event footage, please replace image.php with this file https://raw.githubusercontent.com/abish ... /image.php
--> its in web/views folder

(Thanks to abishai for the patch)
Last edited by asker on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:35 am, edited 7 times in total.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Re: zmNinja for desktops

Post by rockedge »

Hello! I would really like to test your app, especially the desktop version. Eventually also the mobile version. I think this app will really be a winner among my clients! I can't seem to get the binaries to work in either Windows or Linux. But I must mention I tried it with Windows XP and on Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.3. What OS do you recommend I test with?
asker

Post by asker »

Rockedge, I've edited the post above:

Windows: Only windows 7 and above. XP is not supported
Linux: Needs to be a distribution with a full UI stack - like Ubuntu Desktop, Fedora, CentOS etc --> seems like Puppy linux is a very optimized distribution and may not contain all the features needed by a standard desktop UI app.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Hello Thanks for the reply! I tried zmNinja on a machine running Windows 7 and then on another with Windows 10 and could not get it to run. Error returned says the OS is not compatible.
What am I over-looking or what am I missing in my UI stacks? I really would love to test this out.

Also do you know why I am getting a fatal error using the ZoneMinder API in a brand new install of 1.28.108? API works great on my 1.28.1 but starting with version 1.28.107 I began to get this

Code: Select all

Error: Trait 'CrudControllerTrait' not found
File: /opt/lampp/htdocs/zm/api/app/Controller/AppController.php
Line: 34
any insight on what may be happening?
asker

Post by asker »

Hi, where does the "OS not compatible" error come up? I am running it on a w7 machine right now and so are others who are testing it. So I can't really provide more input till you post more details. Which ZIP file did you download and are you running it on a desktop running W7 ? (not a tablet of some kind)

With respect to APIs there are detailed guides written out - knnniggett responded to your other post - please follow those instructions and let us know in that thread where you get stuck.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I am using a Dell Inspiron E1705 laptop running Windows 7 updated to the latest greatest. Or a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Windows 10 also updated to most recent stand.

I downloaded from here: https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinj ... -platforms
It must be something I am missing.

I got the API to work well after re-reading the docs from the link from knnniggett. I missed a step while building 1.28.108 my error. So now I have a fully functional ZoneMinder 1.28.108!
asker

Post by asker »

Are you sure you downloaded the right file? zmNinja-win.zip and that you downloaded the ZIP file, not the folder? You should have seen a screen like this -- and then downloaded the ZIP.

After downloading, unzip, and double click on zmninja.exe ?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 10.44.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-11-13 at 10.44.50 AM.png (28.62 KiB) Viewed 19337 times

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Just giving the desktop version a quick test drive. Got the API working, got the Linux desktop connected and all seems well. But I only see big red question marks for my monitors. I have 10 GrandStream cams, each puts out a low-def feed and a high-def feed. So a total of 20 monitors. Ideally I'd like to have zmNinja show me the low-def streams in the montage view. They are all in group=1 so I can get to them via the web interface.
asker

Post by asker »

This means one of two things:

a) you haven't set up the cgi-path correctly in zmNinja
b) You don't have PHP-gd installed

Most likely a.

What CGI-PATH have you put?

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

php-gd is installed.

Path is set to https://<my home IP>:<NAT port>/zm/api
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Also noticed that I don't see the current FPS for each monitor, is that supposed to show up on the Monitors page?
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (21.23 KiB) Viewed 19328 times
asker

Post by asker »

cgi path, not api path.
What did you enter in "base path to cgi" ?

In my case it is server.com/

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

This maxFPS value is what you might have set inside ZoneMinder. It does not reflect the fps you set in camera. If you've kept this empty in ZM, it will show as 0
BiloxiGeek wrote:Also noticed that I don't see the current FPS for each monitor, is that supposed to show up on the Monitors page?

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

asker wrote:cgi path, not api path.
What did you enter in "base path to cgi" ?

In my case it is server.com/

https://<my home IP>:<NAT port>
I put in a trailing slash but it doesn't want to save it so I end up with just the IP and NAT port
asker

Post by asker »

Can you enable debug logs and then restart the app - go to Logs, you will see a line somewhere like this

Nov 11, 2015 1:44:46 PM INFO PATH_ZMS:/cgi-bin/nph-zms ,Path ZmNinja will use:https://server/com/cgi-bin/nph-zms
Please tell me exactly what you see there

Edit: Debug not required for this - its an INFO level log - but good idea to enabled Debug anyway

ES docs
zmNinja docs