Having trouble exporting

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.28.x releases only.
Frosty

Having trouble exporting

Post by Frosty »

I've set up a ZoneMinder machine for testing and am having trouble exporting events. I have selected an event and brought up the export menu, but I can never get an actual video file to come through in the .zip file. Usually the file is just a few kilobytes in size and contains nothing more than an empty webpage. Am I doing something wrong or does something else need to be set up?

If it makes any difference, I'm running ZoneMinder 1.28.1 on a 64bit clean installation of Ubuntu Server 14 that was set up following the directions in the wiki.
Stay Frosty
chal

Re: Having trouble exporting

Post by chal »

at the event there is the point video. There you have to create the video first.

i've done this with a filter over all events. (create video for all matches >> execute)
Frosty

strings attached

Post by Frosty »

chal wrote:at the event there is the point video. There you have to create the video first.

i've done this with a filter over all events. (create video for all matches >> execute)
So, you're saying that a filter must be applied first before video can be exported? What is the procedure for doing this?
Stay Frosty
Frosty

question on exporting

Post by Frosty »

Any updates on this? Does anyone know how to export a recorded video from ZoneMinder?
Stay Frosty
patpend

Post by patpend »

Frosty

how'd I miss that?

Post by Frosty »

Interesting. I remember reading that article a few times before, but somehow I missed the "FFMPEG" configuration steps. Now, (after having completed those steps) I can see the "Video" button for various events (even though the "Export" button still does nothing of value), but for some reason, the file fails to generate every time no matter which format is picked. Any ideas?
Stay Frosty
patpend

Post by patpend »

Did you confirm the correct path for FFMPEG? It could be /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg or something else.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

If you are using Ubuntu 14.04 or later you will need to use avconv (replacement for ffmpeg)
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

patpend wrote:Did you confirm the correct path for FFMPEG? It could be /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg or something else.
running the command "which ffmpeg" will answer your question!

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...